12. Semi-Rouge

"Orochimaru and Jiraiya are looking into something for me, however I believe this team can handle this mission," Naruto stood against the wall, Itachi was at home resting. You don't just recover over night from a disease that you've had for five years that you didn't even treat with medicine.

"It's a mission that involves you escorting the bridge builder Tazuna back to the land of waves and see to it that the bridge gets built." Naruto tuned out after that, he wondered if he could send a clone and head back to Itachi.

Mikoto has been bugging him about planning the wedding anyways.

Even when the bridge builder came in and the smell of alcohol was smelled in the room and it wasn't Tsunade opening a bottle of sake, his eyes darted to the commotion. He decided to make a clone and leave the office without anybody even sensing anything anyways.

The clone had a longevity seal on it. It will last for about three months but this mission shouldn't take them more that one.

Naruto snuck in the Uchiha house, laying down on the bed with Itachi who was sleeping. He watched as Itachi breathe in and out softly and he looked cute when he wasn't talking. However Naruto was thinking about their wedding.

Where should he have it?

Why were they leaving a fourteen year old to plan a wedding anyways? He thought it was stupid.

"You have any wedding ideas?" Naruto asked Kurama and Kurama who was sleeping peacefully opened his eyes, allowing the message to marinate on his mind before speaking.

"None, I was there for your mother's wedding but I was hardly paying attention." Naruto had a permanent frown etched on his face, he looked at the ceiling.

"I'm thinking we can just get married in the clan. I think there is a spot. A small one, and I probably want to sleep after the ceremony." Kurama hummed.

"A bad habit you picked up from the Nara's. Once you started training with Jiraiya, it was easier the mold and store your chakra. You should thank the pervert."

"As if/ As if." Kurama and Naruto said in unison which made Naruto chuckle, he loved Kurama a lot. The fox was always there for him, even when Naruto was an angry child that didn't want to do anything but be with Shikamaru.

"You know me so well."

"I've been sealed into you for fourteen years, I know you like you are my own child." Naruto smiled. Him and Kurama kept talking mentally as Itachi woke up. Sensing another in his bed he looked to his left and saw Naruto, the teen was looking at the ceiling most likely talking to Kurama to not disturb him as he slept.

Itachi could've sworn that Naruto had a mission but he didn't ask anything, he just sighed and rolled over to bring Naruto to his chest.

"What are you and Kurama talking about?" Naruto blinked, he closed his eyes and hummed against Itachi's chest.

"A wedding, but I don't know how to plan a wedding. Can I ask your mother to do it?" Naruto said and Itachi shrugged, and ran a hand through Naruto's red hair, enjoying himself.

"I don't see why not. I'm sure that's why she keeps bugging you about the wedding." Naruto nodded his head, he wasn't so much sleepy, but he loved the attention and being pampered by Itachi.

"Since you decided to play rouge and not go on your mission do you want to spend today decorating our house?" Naruto opened his eyes.

"A house? Since when did we have a house?" Itachi hummed.

"About two weeks ago when you were healing me. Mother was telling me that it was finished." Naruto blinked, and Kurama spoke.

"Uh oh."

"We need to rebuild that house." Itachi was confused, and Naruto closed his eyes.

"Or at least I need to pick a different plot or something. That isn't sitting right in my spirit."

"I'm confused." Itachi said and Kurama followed up.

"This is clan is smart but they couldn't do any research on foxes?"

"Clearly not."

"I'm a fox demon, or well I'm a holder to the fox demon, however." Naruto started explaining to his clueless husband to be.

"For fourteen years me and Kurama have been getting accustomed to the other chakra, and behavioral patterns." Itachi nodded his head and Naruto hummed.

"Foxes are very territorial animals, they are animals that need to find and mark their own territories, or else it can drive them insane." Naruto said and Itachi only nodded in agreement.

"So you not having a say in where the home is....." Itachi trailed and Naruto completed the sentence.

"Is going to drive me insane, though not by choice." Itachi nodded.

"So how about we look around the clan, and let mother know?" Naruto nodded, though they both didn't move.

They stayed in bed and Naruto spoke.

"Sakura likes Sasuke but every time she tries and confess, Sasuke will ask me for a spar." Itachi snorted, and he looked down at Naruto.

"You can't spar with other men Naruto." Naruto blinked and hummed.

"I can and I will, how else will I become the shinobi of my generation?" Naruto asked and Itachi hummed.

"How did you know that?" Itachi asked and Naruto smiled.

"I'm happy that our spar when I was nine is what made you curious about me. I was still very much an angry child who hated your clan," Naruto started as he chuckled a little.

"But all it took was a hit enhanced with sage energy to have that Uchiha brain running constantly about me, telling Tsunade, telling Shisui." Itachi blinked and looked at Naruto.

"I'm flattered you have such high expectations of me. I assure you I won't disappoint." Naruto said closing his eyes and Itachi sighed and tightened his hold on Naruto.

"All I did was analyze and bring my finding to Tsunade. This villages believes you are it's next Shinobi among Shinobi." Naruto hummed.

"Isn't it ironic?" Naruto asked, and Itachi was confused.

"You are the shinobi of your generation, and I'm the shinobi of my generation, and we are getting married." Itachi shrugged.

"They often want to pair strong Ninjas together. Is it maybe because our child is supposed to save the world or something?" Itachi asked and Naruto sighed.

"I'm sorry for the burden we are going to put on you little one," Naruto said softly, he closed his eyes and like a movie a scenes played. He quickly jumped up and looked to Itachi.

"I have to go I'll see you in about three weeks." Itachi was confused, but Naruto left in a cloud of smoke and Itachi laid on his bed, and suddenly the door opened showing his mother.

"Did you have a bad dream dear?" She asked, and Itachi closed his eyes,

"I didn't, but can we talk since you are here?" Mikoto nodded and walked over to the bed to sit with her oldest.

*

Lame update 😔 but an update 😌