7. Thirteenth Birthday.

Naruto was filled with an emotion he had not felt before. He was generally annoyed, and he was generally angry. However happiness flooded his system when he was around the Nara's and even Fugaku. The stoic man was growing on Naruto everyday.

However he looked as Sasuke held out a bag to him.

Sasuke who didn't like him and was convinced he was going to taint his older brother as if Itachi is some kind of saint anyways? Naruto didn't dwell on the issue, he was looked as he saw the Uchiha holding a scowl something of utter annoyance as of this one task was something he didn't want to do but was forced to do.

"Happy birthday I guess." Naruto blinked and took the bag. Unsure if he should just throw it and never open it, or open it and just stare blankly at the contents

"Mother said we had to get you a gift, so you better get me a gift on my birthday." Sasuke said, the now thirteen year old blinked and opened the bag.

There was a little fox plushy, and some headbands and hair ties.

"You know cause you are a you know." Sasuke said and Naruto looked at Sasuke to see that he wasn't disgusted with him, but that he was trying to not flush, or blush.

"Whatever I'm hanging out with Shino." Sasuke went to leave and Naruto heart started beating calmly.

"Thank you Sasuke, this was very thoughtful." Naruto answered, Sasuke scoffed and turned around.

"Don't think I'm warming up to you or anything! I was forced to buy that gift." Naruto nodded.

"Thank you for thinking about what I would like though." Naruto said and Sasuke only folded his arms and walked out the door. Naruto looked at the fox plushy and smiled.

"It kinda of looks like you, but it's missing the the other eight tails."

"It most certainly does not. Though it mirrors you very well."

Naruto chuckled and headed to get dressed. It was his birthday but he wanted to spend it like every other day, cloud watching and talking about people with his best friend.

He didn't except the Uchiha's to do too much. They hardly done anything before because he didn't make a big deal out of it. So he dressed and headed to find Shikamaru.

He walked the village and a lot of people were telling happy birthday. People from their academy class, jounins and Chunin alike.

His birthday was never like this before. He knew obviously the Uchiha's were behind this, they had a lot of pull in this village and he was sure that Mikoto was behind most of this. He finally saw Shikamaru, following his parents around looking tired of today's events.

"Lazy Nara!" Shikamaru stopped being hunched over, as if every ounce of tiredness left his body and he turned around. Shikaku and Yoshino looked at the duo and smiled.

"Happy birthday you crazy redhead." Shikamaru pulled something from his pocket, a little box. Naruto opened it and his eyes widened.

"It's a necklace that holds nature energy so you aren't going into sage at the worst times possible." Shikamaru said and Naruto smiled. It was a blue crystal that hung from his neck.

"Happy Birthday." Shikaku said.

"It matches your eyes Happy Birthday." Yoshino said as he patted the boy on his head. Shikaku ruffled his hair and Naruto smiled.

"Thank you all. Thanks for your gift Shikamaru." Shikamaru hummed as they started talking, and Naruto told Shikamaru about Sasuke's gift. He was shocked and Naruto even told him about the blush.

"Ah. Sasuke must see the light." Shikamaru said and Naruto shrugged.

"Whether he's seen it or not, the gifts are actually useful. I appreciate the effort if anything." Shikamaru hummed.

"What about Itachi?" Naruto went to speak before somebody cut him off.

"What about me?" Itachi the eighteen year old looked to Naruto and Shikamaru. Itachi tilted his head when he sensed nature energy flow through that necklace.

"Nothing, what are you doing here?" Naruto asked the older, Itachi hummed and looked towards the sky.

"I was told to come fetch you, it is dinner time." Naruto sighed and looked to Shikamaru, Shikamaru looked to his parents who were telling him that he couldn't get Naruto out of this one.

"I'm sorry Naruto." Naruto smiled.

"It was worth a shot though. See you Nara's" Naruto waved to the family and headed back with Itachi, Itachi was wearing comfortable clothes, his hands were in his pocket and they walked in silence.

It was calming, nothing needed to be said. The village looked at the two, and drew their conclusions about the duo, while the duo just walked with a destination in mind.

"You graduate soon." Itachi said trying to make small talk, Naruto quirked a brow but didn't voice his trepidation.

"I do, in a few months basically." Naruto replying back, Itachi blinked and folded his arms.

"You have a clue on who your team will be?" Itachi said and Naruto spoke.

"Sasuke and Sakura. It doesn't make sense not to put on a team." Itachi wanted to hear his thinking, his rationale behind it.

"We are the next sannin. So it make sense to put us on a team." Itachi hummed.

"Bold of you to assume you'll be a sannin." Naruto blinked, because he wasn't assuming. He saw it.

"It's not an assumption. It's a fact." Naruto said as him and Itachi locked eyes, Itachi blinked and looked away first, Naruto had eyes that could make you drown.

Eyes that can make you feel every emotion and like a vortex. His eyes were like a Whirlpool, and Itachi couldn't look too long without feeling like he was getting sucked in.

Naruto opened the door and there was a cake.

"Happy birthday Naruto!" She said happily, Naruto thanked the woman and took off his shoes, Itachi followed and they all had dinner and some cake.

Naruto opened up presents from both Mikoto and Fugaku. Mikoto gave him a book on his lineage, his clans which he definitely was going to read tonight while Fugaku got him things to train with and in. New shinobi clothes, new kunai's.

Sasuke who already given his gift headed to bed, and Itachi did was say happy birthday again and head upstairs. Naruto was confused but didn't say anything. He went up stared to shower but saw a bag on his bed.

Curious got the better of the fox as he looked at the bag. He saw a note that said it was from Itachi. Naruto opened the bag and saw more hair ties, he saw earrings and what looked like a note.

He read the outside and it was from his mom and dad.

"Where did he get that letter from?"

"I don't but I'll read it."

Naruto read the letter after his shower. Buried under his blanket he smiled to himself. It was a note from his parents, that they entrusted to Itachi, and apparently Itachi thought now was the best birthday to give it to him.

"What's this? Fondness for an Uchiha?"

"As if." Naruto hummed. Laying down and drifting to sleep.

*