To Be Found

You blinked in confusion, eyes bewildered and masked in disbelief. Forever you had thought that the thug standing before you was a dangerous man.

Sure, he looked like nothing but trouble from head to toe, but his presence oddly felt sentimentally sweet and radiated off warm, positive energy. However, something in the back of your mind was telling you that he was trying to lure you in so that he could kill you for stumbling in on his territory, the trap you fell for when you first met Frederick.

With all your thoughts running laps in your conscience, you had lost all sensation until his voice snapped you back into reality. "What's wrong," he teased, breaking the silence as he took a small step forward and proudly lifted his chin. "Never seen a Chinese with purple hair before?"

Absolutely nothing could tell you for certain if he was really just trying to flirt with you or lead you into temptation that would lead you into your actual deathbed. It was a risk you did not want to chance.

You shrunk in your stance as you tried to move passed him without causing any conflict, hopefully being able to leave his presence untouched.

"Sorry," you said in a rush as if it took no effort to move past your lips. "I have a boyfriend." You shifted past him and quickly progressed your way through the alleyway. You were almost out of the shadows when you felt a presence bellowing close behind you say, "Hold on now, I would know that jacket from anywhere."

You froze solid in your tracks, pulse roaring in your ears as you heard his footsteps echoing all throughout the hushed alleyway as they approached you from behind before they came to a complete halt.

No doubt he was right behind you, but you were too paralyzed to face him nor make any movement. There was an eerie silence that was masqueraded with the sound of blood rushing in your ears as your whole body trembled in fear while you waited desperately for something to happen, whether it be a strike or gunshot.

"You're the girlfriend of Arthur, aren't you," he said with the playfulness in his voice now gone.

It was all over, he figured it out. You were now on death's door as you assumed you were now a threat and that he was going to attack you any moment. The blood pulsing through you only thundered louder, triggering your fight or flight response.

Do it, you thought to yourself. Do it, kill him now and the only thing you will receive is glorification from your boyfriend at last. All to you for the rest of your days.

The idea didn't sound half bad. That was all you ever wanted, to finally receive his true heart for you. Just kill him now and it'll be all yours.

You stuffed your hands in your boyfriend's jacket pockets and fumbled around, cautious that any sound would be left unheard by the other. You know Frederick never goes anywhere without a weapon of some sort with him.

Where is it? Where is it, you thought frantically. There's got to be something in here. Suddenly, your fingers came into contact with something cold and metallic to your touch that made your eyes light up... Blade.

You gripped the handle tightly as you pulled it out and turned around to face him, pointing it to the purple-haired gangster.

"Woah there," Shorter mused with the playfulness in his voice back. "Do you even know how to use that thing?"

Frederick has taught you a few things in the past such as the 'stab and drag' method. Yet, you were rusty for you always had him as your protector and you had never actually harmed anyone. To be honest, you felt awkward holding it as the blade in your hand trembled anxiously and you felt that your knees could buckle at any second.