chapter nine

Iris had decided on jeans and a white sweater that came off one shoulder. She nervously waited outside her apartment for the blue haired boy to appear. A smile appeared on her lips as she saw Hawk driving his mom's white range rover. She happily ran over to the car, quickly slipping into the passenger's side.

"You look beautiful, as usual." Iris blushed at Hawk's compliment, leaning over the console to place her lips on his. The kiss was sweat and short, leaving them both wanting more.

"You don't look so bad yourself." Iris leaned back and pulled the seat belt across her chest as Hawk began to drive. "So, where exactly are we going?" Hawk stayed silent, his familiar smirk on his lips as he drove down the street.

Iris asked a few more times where they were going but Hawk refused to tell her, that was until they pulled into the parking lot.

"Laser tag?" A small smile pulled at Iris' lips that he took her suggestion for Miguel seriously. Sure, she had just told him earlier today but it still made her feel good that he would actually take her up on her suggestion.

Hawk held the girls hand as they walked into the building, Hawk paying for both of their tickets. They were led to a small room with a few other people inside. There were vests and guns hung up on the wall and they were instructed to each pick a vest and put it on.

"Here, let me help." Hawk spun Iris around by her waist making her back face him. He carefully pushed all her hair to one side as she helped strap her vest on. His hand brushing against her bare shoulder making her shudder at the touch. "There you go." Iris felt herself blush as Hawk leaned down to whisper in her ear, kissing her cheek before pulling away.

"Okay, the vests are divided into two teams. Red and blue." The instructor stood on a small platform talking to the large group. In a moment all the vests lit up, half red and half blue. Iris looked down seeing she was on the red team.

"Uh oh, princess." Iris turned around and saw Hawk with a smug smirk on his face, his gun held in his hands against his vest. His vest that glowed blue.

"You're gonna wish you were on the red team." Hawk let out a laugh throwing his head back at the girls comment. Before Hawk could reply the doors to the obstacle course opened and they were allowed 30 seconds to run and find hiding spaces.

Iris and Hawk ran into the room, immediately running to the opposite sides. The count down started as the door closed, leaving the group in black light. Iris' white sweater glowed under the light making her easier to spot. Hawk watched from behind a wall as the countdown reached zero.

Iris ran behind walls, looking in all directions as she tried to find Hawk. She spotted a flash of blue and she quickly pulled the trigger. The blue team member's vest went out, causing him to be out for 10 seconds as Iris marched forward. Iris spotted another blue team member, she lifted her gun to shoot when someone bumped into her making her lose grip on her gun. The gun flew across the floor out of her reach.

"Looks like you're in a corner." Iris spun around seeing Hawk behind her. She stumbled back as he lifted up his gun in her direction. He backed her up in a corner before dropping the gun to his side. "You didn't actually think I was gonna shoot you, did you?" Iris sighed in relief as she pushed herself out of the corner. But Hawk wasn't about to let her get to her gun that easily.

He stalked towards her, pushing her back into the corner before bringing his lips down to hers. This kiss wasn't short and sweet. It was rough and hot. Hawk bit her bottom lip and tugged at it slightly as he pulled away. Iris stood in shock, her eyes slowly fluttering open to see Hawk smirking as he walked backwards.