chapter fifteen

"It was supposed to be a round of drinks, but the waitress was not feeling Hawk's fake ID." Cobra Kai had decided to celebrate their win at Applebee's, all of them feeling very proud of themselves for what they accomplished. 

"Hey, don't talk about that. My parents follow you." Iris giggled, looking over at Hawk who sat next to her in the booth. 

"Sorry Mr. and Mrs. Moskowitz." Aisha quickly apologized into the phone before continuing with her Instagram live. "Anyways, until next time, no mercy bitches." Aisha ended her live and sat down across from Iris and next to Demetri. 

"I gotta say, it's nice to be at a victory party." 

"Yeah, except you had nothing to do with the victory." Hawk reached over and took the nacho out of Demetri's hands, just as he was about to eat it. Iris watched the boy as he wiped off some sour cream that was on the side of his mouth. The girl blushed, looking down at her lap not understanding why she found that attractive. 

"Well, then I consider it a belated party for the coding competition we won at computer camp. Remember?" Iris' eyes went wide as she remembered them winning. She had been so excited for the two, but looking at Hawk she could tell he didn't want this being brought up. "Demetri and Eli, binary brothers." Demetri began to sing their little theme song, pushing his arm to swing like a robot. 

Iris and Aisha looked at each other and both began to laugh at Demetri's silliness. Hawk wasn't laughing along with the girls, instead he felt really embarrassed that Demetri was bringing up his old, weak self. 

"Hey, cool it with the nerd shit, huh?"

"Hey, where's Miguel? His wings are getting cold." Iris looked around the restaurant trying to find her neighbor. Once she spotted him she looked over at Aisha, then to Hawk. They all shared the same sad smile as they stood up, Iris with the help of Aisha until Hawk got out of the booth and took on the girl's weight. 

The three walked up to the table that Miguel sat at alone. The boy was looking down at his phone with a sad look on his face, before turning it off and dropping it onto the table. 

"El serpiente, there you are." Miguel looked over at his friends, not sparing a smile for the three of them. Hawk helped Iris into a chair before taking one next to her. 

"This is how you celebrate a first-place trophy?" Aisha was the last to sit down, as she watched Miguel in concern, knowing what was wrong with the boy before he even said anything. 

"She blocked me." Iris watched Miguel as he refused to look up at any of them.

"So, what happens when you get blocked? You counterpunch. Except maybe don't actually hit her this time." Iris punched Hawk in the shoulder as he began to laugh at his own joke. "What too soon?" 

"What my idiot boyfriend is trying to say is don't give up." 

"It's no use. I blew any shot I had with her." Iris couldn't help but wonder if that was a good thing, I mean her dad hated Cobra Kai and Sensei Lawrence, and Sensei Lawrence felt the same way. 

"Just give Sam some time. She'll come around."

"Or she won't." All eyes moved to Hawk as he pushed back. "You're the champ now. You can get any chick in the Valley you want. You're like Drake. Enjoy it." Iris rolled her eyes as her boyfriend got up and walked back over to their table. 

Iris pretended to not see Moon sit next to him as soon as he sat down. Pushing away her conflicted feelings she leaned towards Miguel and laid her head on his shoulder.