chapter nineteen

"So, you got pushed around. So what? Get over it." Iris pushed Hawk who was on facetime with Demetri, the two listening to Demetri tell them about Mr. Kreese punching him in the face when he visited the dojo. "You were in a karate dojo. That's the whole point."

"It was aggravated assault, Eli. I looked it up. That's a year in prison and a $10,000 fine."

"Stop being such a bitch, Demetri." Iris glared up at Hawk, the two turning to see Miguel walk out of the dojo. "You know what happens to snitches."

"They get immunity." 

"Snitches get stitches." Miguel glanced over to Iris, a confused look on his face. Iris shook her head, an annoyed expression on her face that only made Miguel more curious. 

"I have stitches. I've got several stitches."

"Don't do anything stupid. You'll regret it." Hawk quickly hung up on the boy as Miguel walked closer to the two. 

"What happened?"

"That pussy Demetri couldn't handle training with Mr. Kreese. He's not Cobra Kai material." Hawk smirked over to Miguel before walking into the parking lot.

"What actually happened was Demetri came to the dojo to talk to Sensei and Mr. Kreese was there." Miguel listened to Iris, trying to figure out what happened. Iris sighed deeply before getting straight to the point. "He punched Demetri in the face."

Miguel took a deep breath, rolling his eyes before turning and walking back into the dojo. Iris watched him slam the door shut behind him, slowly turning around to meet up with Hawk at his car. 

"Why were you acting like such an ass to Demetri?" Hawk looked over to her in surprise. 

"What are you talking about? He was being a pussy." Iris rolled her eyes, not understanding where all of this anger towards Demetri was coming from. 

"Eli, he's your best friend." Hawk scoffed, climbing into the drivers seat and starting his car. "You need to figure out your priorities. You're starting to feel a little too much like Hawk and not at all like Eli." Iris reached out and slammed his door shut before turning around back to the dojo. 

As she reached the sidewalk Miguel came back out of the dojo, slowly walking besides her as the two walked back to their apartments. Both feeling extremely defeated. 

***

Iris sat on her couch, watching The Office for the millionth time. Her tv time was cut quickly as someone knocked rapidly on her front door. She stood up, not wanting to look away from the screen as Michael proposed to Holly. Once her hand grabbed the doorknob she looked away from the screen, stepping back in surprise at who was at her door. 

"Demetri?" Her eyebrows scrunched in confusion as she opened the door more for the boy to walk in. The boy looked extremely nervous, which only put Iris more on edge. "What's wrong?" Demetri stood in silence as he looked anywhere but up at the girl. 

"It's about Eli." Iris sighed as she remembered yesterday's events. 

"Demetri I'm sorry about him. He was just being an ass about the whole Kreese thing. I personally agree with you-"

"I don't wanna be a snitch, but I...I have to tell you something." Iris nodded slowly, afraid of what the boy was going to say next. When he stood in silence for a few seconds Iris crossed her arms over her chest.