chapter twenty-one

"This could all be over in an instant." Sensei Lawrence called out to his students who were doing burpees in front of him. Iris breathed heavily, not wanting to go down in the push-up position. "The decision's yours! Who trashed Miyagi dojo?" Iris looked around, trying to think of who would actually do such a thing. "Y'all know I'm not fan of LaRusso's but that sort of bullshit we don't teach in here. At least not anymore." Sensei Lawrence looked over at Sensei Kreese, having a gut feeling that he put one of his students up to it. "So, I'm gonna ask you again. Who trashed Miyagi-Do?"

"It was not me Sensei. I would never disrespect another man's dojo-"

"Shut your cakehole, chubs." The older student sighed, trying to catch his breath before continuing his burpees. "I'm not looking for excuses. I'm looking for answers!"

"Sensei, we really don't know who did it." Miguel stood up and huffed, out of breath before falling down into the push-up position.

"Somebody knows something." Iris rolled her eyes at Sensei Kreese not liking how he was acting. "Question is...who's gonna break?"

"Keep going. We can do this all day." Iris groaned as Sensei Lawrence walked into his back office.

"Sensei, we need a water break." Assface walked up to Sensei Lawrence, out of breath as he asked for the group to stop. Iris prayed that Sensei Kreese would let them rest for even a second. Sensei Kreese watched the students for a moment before yelling out to them.

"Two-minute break!" Iris felt her arms give out under her causing her to fall against the mat. She tried to catch her breath as she rolled onto her back. "Get your bearings."

Miguel reached his hand down to the girl, offering her help up which she gladly took. Miguel easily pulled her up, even after doing a million burpees he still had enough strength to pull the girl's weight. The two limped over to the side, collapsing onto the floor as they grabbed their waters.

"Why's Hawk talking to Sensei Kreese?" Iris looked over to see Hawk standing in front of Sensei Kreese.

"I don't know." Miguel watched his friend suspiciously, the two watched as Hawk bowed to their Sensei before walking over to them.

It was silent as Hawk sat down with his friends, grabbing his water bottle angrily. Iris closed her eyes, leaning against Miguel's shoulder as Sensei Kreese opened up his mouth.

"Two-minutes are up! Backroom!" The group slowly stood up, none of them wanting to continue.

"I swear, whoever did it needs to fess up. I'm sick of this." The others nodding, agreeing with Iris' statement as they made their way to the back room, all of them missing the guilty look on Hawk's face.

Sensei Kreese had them in groups, doing a task and then taking a short break. Luckily for Iris, she was doing a task. She had two heavy ropes in her hands and she had to flick them so the back end came off the floor.

"Keep going." Iris tried to steady her breathing as she looked over to Miguel, who seemed to be having as much trouble as she was. "I have all day."

"You think it's okay if I puke in here?" Iris' face scrunched up in disgust at Chub's question, not wanting to know what the room would smell like then.

"No." Aisha was quick to answer the man, also not wanting to know what it smelled like.

"Navy SEALs puke all the time."

"Do not puke." Iris caught the man's attention, shaking her head as she glared at the man.

"He's not gonna let up." Iris then turned to Miguel who had sweat dripping down his face. "We gotta figure out who did it."