chapter twenty-five

"Iris, what do you remember from that day?" A dark haired woman sat in front of the teen, a small clipboard rested on her lap. "The day of the accident?"

"Um, it's all really scattered." Iris picked at her already raw thumb, the action bringing her a small amount of comfort.

"It's alright, try to develop the story from those thoughts." The woman smiled encouragingly at the girl who was looking around the room as if someone was going to come out of the shadows and attack her.

"I don't-um-I don't remember how I...how I got to school, but um-I remember being in homeroom." The woman nodded, signaling for the girl to continue. 

"Do you recognize anyone in your homeroom?" At the woman's question Iris scrunched up her eyebrows before shaking her head. "Miguel Diaz? Eli Moskowitz? You don't see them?" Iris shook her head again at the two names that she heard. She couldn't picture the two in the homeroom. "Okay." The woman wrote something down on her clipboard before returning her attention to the girl.

"I was-I wasn't paying attention to the announcements. I was on my phone, um and then that's when it happened." Iris reached up and touched the back of her head, emotions flooded her thoughts before disappearing just as fast, her mind returning to the story. "It sounded like-like someone was beating her up. And then someone else was speaking over the PA system."

Iris scrolled through Instagram, desperately trying to avoid the glances Miguel and Hawk were sending her way. The two boys were seated at the other side of the classroom, wondering why the girl chose to sit far from them.

Iris' attention was pulled away from her phone when she heard a commotion from the PA system. She heard the secretary yelling at someone and what sounded like something or someone falling.

"Samantha Larusso."

"Tory?" Iris' eyebrows scrunched together in confusion, looking over to Miguel who was staring at the PA system, the same look of confusion on his face.

"You know what you did, and now you're gonna pay for it. I'm coming for you, bitch!" Just as Tory finished, the bell rang. Miguel was the first to stand up, he ran through the door before anyone could react. 

"And then, I was in the hallway. I-um, I don't remember..." Iris' breathing picked up as she looked down at her hands. 

"Hey, it's alright. Take your time." The older woman tried to comfort the girl as she took a deep breath, diving back into the story. 

Iris stood in the hallway, watching Tory and Sam circle each other. 

"I saw what you did at the party." Iris felt Hawk walk up next to her, along with two other Cobra Kai behind him. "You kissed Miguel." 

Iris' eyes went wide as she looked up at Hawk, wondering if Tory knew that she kissed him as well. Hawk looked down at her for a moment, shaking his head telling the girl she was alright. 

"I..." Sam stood frozen, looking over to Robby who had a shocked look on his face. 

"Damn, Miguel's a player. First Iris, now Sam." The hall went silent, everyone turning to looked at Assface who's smile quickly dropped. Tory looked over at Iris, an unreadable expression on her face. 

"You kissed Miguel?" 

"I didn't know you guys were dating." Iris tried to defend herself as the blonde walked closer to her. "It happened once, and it was a mistake." 

"Mistake or not, you're still a slut." Iris dodged out of the way of Tory's fist, Sam attempting to run away while Tory was occupied. Hearing the girl's footsteps Tory reached out and grabbed Sam's backpack, pulling the girl back. Tory kicked Sam in the stomach, sending the girl into Iris, the two falling back into Hawk and the two other Cobra Kai's who pushed them towards Tory.