A lady's secret

He took the tiny scroll out of his pocket that was labeled as steam release. Carefully he pressed the button at the top and plugged the entrance with his thumb, so the steam would come out as a spray all over his brand new shirt until all the wrinkles went away. Mitsuki inspected the piece of cloth meticulously before he wore it. His bluish-gray shirt matched his denim navy pants and his brown sneakers. Mitsuki was thinking of investing in a mirror since the day he saw himself in the changing room because it made him more aware of how he looked in the eyes of others. Something that definitely will have to wait since all the money he spent on these bunch of clothes was too much for his taste.

"Maw maw"

Mikazuki rubbed on his leg in an affectionate manner which made Mitsuki smile. When he carried the cat, he realized his clothes were now full of cat hair. Leaving his pet on his bed, he looked for the sticky roll pin he would use on the regular to clean Mikazuki's fluffy mess.

"You must be hot with all that fur on summertime."

He rolled over his navy jeans where Mikazuki's white hair was noticeable, cleaning it thoroughly and wondering if it was better if he wore lighter clothing on the regular.

"Hn, black hair would be an issue then."

But Mitsuki felt it wasn't just the case, there was something more. He looked back at his navy blue jeans which reminded him of the darkness of the night, where the twinkling stars and the round full moon could be seeing. The color blue evocated a good feeling within him since little. And just like that, he realized it was his favorite one.

"I see, so when I find something I really like I should feel this way."

He covered his mouth thinking it was silly for him to say these things out loud. 

After cleaning his clothes, he opened the windows so it was ventilated for Mikazuki and left his apartment to meet a certain moody girl.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On his way to the accorded point of the meetup, he noticed people were staring at him, in particular girls. Mitsuki would occasionally stop in front of some store to see his reflection just in case he had something funny hanging from his clothes or shoes. The street lights started to lit one by one when he met Chouchou who surprisingly was there already.

"Oh yes! I'm first!"

She clenched her fists in a victorious mannerism as she won an "everything you can eat" ticket

"Hehehe, Yo!"

"Good night, Chouchou."

Today she chose a peculiar attire. Her hair tied to the side so her long strands of auburn hair fell over her shoulder in a messy way, together with her light aqua sleeveless blouse(Chouchou and sleeves seemed not to be friends) a pair of dusty pink shorts, and yellow sneakers. It was probably the most simple choice of clothes so far but it never failed to deliver her usual cuteness. Mitsuki was brought back to his senses when Chouchou approached him with a sly smile looking him up and down.

"Hmm, good... Good! Aren't you proud you choose these yourself?"

He felt indeed a bit of pride

"I honestly feel strange wearing clothes with sleeves as short as these."

Chouchou frowned

"Why? Are you cold on the regular?"

"No, I..."

Mitsuki was choosing the right words but he couldn't really find a better way to explain

"It feels like I'm missing skin."