Autumn path

The somewhat chilly breeze felt good as a reminder that Autumn was very close. Despite that, both Chouchou and Mitsuki were dipping their feet in a nearby river. Why? It felt good, in particular, because it was still hot and there wasn't anybody selling ice cream nearby.

"Hey... Is it bad if I don't have any life goal?"

"Hn?"

Chouchou laid on the grass while her head rested on her hands. She looked to be deep into her thoughts.

"I don't think I really have one."

Once she declared she wanted to quit being a ninja so she can become a housewife, and while she thought there was nothing wrong with being a housewife like her mom, she didn't really think it deeply? To be honest she was in this crush rush where she only could think about Tomaru and how she could be closer to him (through marriage) yet Sarada's words seem to have resounded within her.  What was out there for her? Because of her father, she will one day succeed him as the head of the Akimichi, this is something she didn't have any form of choice. It was a must.

Did she want that?

"It's something hard to choose if you ask me."

"Right?! I can't really focus on anything... Maybe I'm just dumb."

"You aren't. It's a tough question after all."

Mitsuki sounded very serious, so Chouchou turned her head to meet his face

"The day of my birthday you asked me many things I didn't have an answer to."

 "One of them was if I had a goal in life."

Mitsuki thought of his words. Years ago he could have said his goal in life was to look for Boruto and only Boruto's well-being, but now his world was broader and while Boruto was still important to him, there were more people who he wanted to look for. To protect. With this realization, his initial "life goal" felt empty. Was that even a life goal or it was simply because he didn't know better? These thoughts made him sad, he was more lacking than he thought he initially was.

"I... Thought about it deeply to come out with the conclusion that I can start having a smaller goal to start with."

"Something that could lead me to my real-life goal."

Chouchou sat slowly, being caught in his serious epiphany

"I want to change."

"Change...?"

"For good if it wasn't clear."

Chouchou chuckled

"Yeah... I knew that. Still... You are cool, Mitsuki. Are you sure of that?"

"I am."

The sun was shining hard, the strands of his curly light blue hair looked almost white and translucent yet there was a sharp shadow casting over his face, so Chouchou couldn't see his expression clearly despite him looking directly at her. Her mouth formed a small "o", not knowing for sure what to say. She wanted to smile, and cheer for him but her face felt stiff. What was there that she wasn't liking? Ultimately she said

"If you want that..."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

You know what? let's update a couple of chapters more lol