Alone with your thoughts

"Sigh..."

While she held tightly to one of her several pillows, Chouchou lay on her bed unable to sleep soundly after such a day.

"Sigh..."

She looked into the window where Mitsuki had left some hours ago and slowly heartbeats started rumbling in her chest. Frustrated she dug her face into her pillow, but the warm palpitations intensified when the image of the blue-haired boy popped into her mind

When he tried a new snack and didn't know how to eat it.

When he dug his face into the fur of his pet, which he held tightly.

When he declared to his brother that he would always take care of her.

The moment he embraced her she could feel his strong touch and soothing scent, something that wasn't apparent to her the first time she hugged him.

But the one that struck her the most was his smile. His smile which reigned in her thoughts that night.

Chouchou hugged her pillow tighter when recalling that last image of Mitsuki, feeling happy their friendship had become even stronger than before.

"Siiiigh..."

But within that joy, there was a feeling together mudding it.

"...Why I can't be happier about this? What's wrong with me?"

A small tear rolled down her cheek which she quickly rubbed away and covered herself with several mantles. Chouchou sighed once more, knowing deep down what could be the case but she chose to ignore it.

But for how long?

She quickly incorporated when she heard someone knocking on the door.

"Chouchou...?"

It was her father.

"Yes, Papa?"

There was a silence before Choji spoke again

"Oh... Nothing. I was just checking if you were asleep."

"Good night!"

The auburn-haired girl frowned. Checking if she was asleep? Since when did her dad do that?

"You too, Papa..."

Chouchou was left alone again with her thoughts and stirred feelings, while Choji stood outside of her room with her eyes planted on the floor. He could confront his daughter, and confirm things or he could let it go for now. Choji felt he was in a situation so dreadful he didn't want to approach it at all.

The thought of her daughter having a boyfriend. 

A blue-haired one.