ONE| MIGUEL

the warm feeling of the sun slightly hitting your face made you move slightly against the class window.
you hadn't been asleep for too long until you felt the car come to a stop and your eyes slowly fluttered open.

"are we here?" you said in a groggy sleepy voice while stretching your arms upwards.

"yup, this is my apartment complex." your uncle said in a humming tone as he took the keys off of the ignition.

you shifted your eyes to look outside the window to see-

"this is one crappy apartment complex." you huffed out in a joking manner.

"well yeah kid, i didn't say i lived the kardashian life did i?" your uncle said opening and getting out of the car.

you quickly followed him, and helped him retrieve your items while a cold breeze fell upon you both.

"so mainly, crackheads live here." you uncle said as he directed you towards your apartment building.

you snorted at the comment before your uncle shot you a confusing glare.

"i'm sorry-" you said trying to catch your breath from laughter, "it's just you said mainly crackheads so does that mean you too eric?" you said with a wheeze at the end as you almost fell to your knees.

"ahaha very funny." eric deadpanned, "but no, we have this nice family that moved in about a month and a half ago. they have this boy that's about your age."

"ooo is he hot?" you said with a grin causing your uncle to shiver.

"chill i'm joking." you said with a fake laugh as you both climbed up stairs.

"he lives directly under us, and next to him is johnny. pretty sure he hates everyone." eric said as he took out his apartment keys and unlocked the door.

a single click was heard before the door swung open and revealed a small kitchen living room and two bedrooms one bath.

"yours is that one at the end." eric said while setting the boxes on the floor.

"alright kid, i have to get to work so just be safe alright?" eric said with confused eyes.

your uncle was still young. he's barley twenty one and he already has the burden of taking care of a fifteen year old girl.

you simply gave him a nod and a smile before he left closing the door behind him.

you grabbed your boxes and made your way towards your room as you eyed the creme colored walls and sighed.

you felt your phone buzz in your jean pocket.

eric the dealer 🤙🏼😤 :

by the way, extra keys are in the drawer next to the stove.

you gave the phone a soft smile before getting to work on your room.

-

-

it had been about an hour or so since you've worked on your room. you had tapestry almost all over the wall of different things, and horror movie posters up.

eric had already put a bed in the room for you the day before so you just put your black and grey sheets and blankets.

you sighed as you rolled out a grey carpet on the floor and laid down on it and eyed the ceiling.

"at least i don't live in las vegas anymore." you muttered to yourself before a slight knock was heard at the door.

it took you a while, but eventually you got up from the floor and made your way towards the door and slightly opened it causing it to creak.

"hi, i'm miguel diaz." a boy said standing outside the door with a smile.

"hi, i'm y/n, l/n." you smiled back, opening the door more in order too see the boy more.

he was wearing a plain white shirt and dark jeans with a black zip up hoodie.

"i was new to here too so just so y'know, warm water doesn't work. only when it wants too." he said with a slight laugh.

"at least it has water." you said with a laugh causing miguel to laugh too.

"yeah well, i'll see you around." miguel said with a smile before walking off.

"bye!" you shouted, causing him to turn back and smile.

maybe you'd enjoy living in LA after all.

—ᴀᴄɪᴅ—