road rage

「 17:26 ! thursday late afternoon ! 」

17:26 ! thursday late afternoon !

you and akaashi were already in his car driving to his house after an hour of napping on your bed. the boy helped you pack some clothes for the weekend getaway. nothing fancy, just usual casual clothes that you could wear everyday.

in tokyo, people would usually take the train right? but not this time. apparently, everyone had the idea of taking their car out of town; so the main roads had traffic. headlights shining bright through the windshield.

usually, traffic was bearable for you. unless you had to be somewhere. but normally, it didn't really bug you since you were a chill person about it. yes, you would have road rage every now and then but it wasn't major.

akaashi on the other hand... this boy had so much road rage. akaashi keiji was calm. he was the typical boy next door, charming, quiet boy. but whew, when it comes to driving... he gets so angry.

there was currently a long line of traffic and everybody seems aggravated. no cars seem to be moving; and if they were, it will only move one wheel distance.

you were just chilling on your phone, scrolling through social media, while akaashi was handling the wheel.

"fucking hell," akaashi rasped, "when is the fucking traffic going to ease up? what even happened?" he started rambling, "i swear if it's a fucking flat tire, i will go out there and put the tire back for that stupid driver."

your eyes widened at the amount of curse words akaashi used in one go but also laughed as a way to clown him. it was kinda embarrassing but also very funny.

he definitely looked bothered by the traffic. he bit his lip often and rested the side of his head on the driver's seat window. his right hand on the steering wheel and his left hand gripping HIS thigh. akaashi looked annoyed than you've ever seen him. dealing with bokuto made him patient but i guess not with driving.

"these people are so dumb."

you chuckled a little, "calm down... i'm sure the traffic will ease up in a bit, okay?"

"i swear, y/n, if i can get out of this car right now and yell at these drivers to hurry their ass up, i would," the setter rolled his eyes, "damn it."

"i'm sure they'd appreciate that." you lol'd.

"at least i'm stuck in traffic with you," he said, "but i would much rather actually drive on a moving road." akaashi added making you shake your head due to his dorkiness, "i feel like we've been here for twelve fucking hours."

"we've only been here for five minutes."

୨୧

after 10 minutes or so, the traffic finally started to ease up, leading to it disappearing. to be honest, you didn't want the traffic to disappear.

the boy finally calmed down and he started driving smoothly again. no hitting the steering wheel, no groaning, and no resting one's forehead on the horn.

well, that's what you thought at least.

suddenly, a stupid driver started changing lanes constantly on the highway. yo-yo drivers are so annoying. stay in one lane!

"stop changing lanes, you stupid fuck," akaashi muttered under his breath but it was loud enough to the point you heard it which made you chuckle.

"okay, bro, calm down..."

the setter groaned as he threw his head back at the idiot who was driving on different lanes constantly. veins popped into his forehead and arms making your eyes widen.

do not find this hot, y/n! he's literally angry, at least comfort him or something!

this is so funny.

you rubbed his back in a comforting manner, "it's gonna be okay. want me to drive for a bit?" you asked him, reassuringly, "you need to uh... calm down for a while."

he pit his foot on the brake and rolled his eyes again, "are you kidding me?"

"what is it this time?" you furrowed your eyebrows and asked him, "you seem to find the weirdest things bothersome."

"that idiot is texting at the traffic light!" akaashi complained for the 1000th time today, gesturing to the car in front of you two with his left hand quite aggressively, "and. the. fucking. light. is. green! fucking go! green means fucking go!" he yelled again.

a laugh emerged from your mouth, "i'm sure they'll notice it soon...?" you vocalized hesitantly, "see look! they're driving now!"

"yeah after ten fucking years." the boy finally rolled his eyes before pressing on the acceleration, annoyance in his movements.