pretty setter

「 16:13 ! friday afternoon ! 」

16:13 ! friday afternoon !

your eyes widened at his sweet voice, who was currently bowing to bokuto, "oh so that's why he was calling me earlier... i so get it now!" realization hit you like a truck when you finally understood why bokuto was whisper-yelling your name.

akaashi, once again, made eye contact with you. butterflies forming in your stomach. okay, so he's hot, nice, smart, AND athletic? so he's perfect. sounds like akaashi.

bokuto was wide-eyed as well, before konoha nudged him. "right! anyway, the person who wants the setter position has to easily bring out the best out of all the spikers. we're looking for a main setter on the regular roster, and a back up setter," he explained with authority in his voice, "shall we start?"

at this point, it was basically like an audition. all the setters were lined up, trying to set to the opposite hitters and middle blockers, and some of them even did setter dumps.

akaashi was definitely— captivating, to say the least. whenever he would just simply set the ball, that was fucking hot. when he would run, that was fucking hot. when he would wipe his sweat, that was fucking hot. akaashi keiji was fucking hot.

it's not like he knew it, though.

him and bokuto worked really well together. even though they haven't even talked to each other that much, they were already conversing like good friends!

the other setters were good as well, but for some odd (no offense) reason, akaashi just had the best skill of connecting with the players already on the team. the male was the automatic pick.

after an hour of doing try outs, the volleyball team finished. they all huddled around the water jug, grabbing some water from the team managers.

bokuto wiped his sweat with his towel, going out of the team circle, "you guys did good today! no practice tomorrow, today was a bit harsher than usual," he looked at the setters who were waiting, "we'll email the pick by monday. you all did good, you all can leave now!" bokuto exclaimed, making you chuckle.

it was also funny to see how some of the female students practically ran down to the court to meet their cute little idols.

most of the setters got their bag and left the gym, except for one. the new friend grabbed his bag and walked over to the bleachers. akaashi slowly walked over to you and waved, "hey, y/n."

"hey, akaashi! i didn't know you were so good at volleyball," you grinned, complimenting him.

"i played in highschool," akaashi sat down on the cold metal next to you, "and i play club volleyball now," the boy smiled in your direction, "do you watch their practice often?"

"not really, i kind of just came here because i had nothing to do."

"oh, is that it?" a hint of playfulness in his voice.