wish

「 21:03 ! friday night ! 」

21:03 ! friday night !

the both of you walked inside the restaurant. some of his other friends already waiting for you two. it was bokuto, konoha, kuroken, the other vb players, and 2 girls who looked super sweet but you were too shy to talk to them.

"what took you both so long?" konoha asked akaashi who was chuckling.

"it's because bokuto left me!" you complained, "he literally drove off without me!" you crossed your arms and went next to bokuto, "how can i repay you..?" you whispered to him.

your friend laughed, "tell me later. after dinner."

the lady that was handling reservations spoke up, "you guys have a reservation?" she asked all of you.

"the name is under akaashi keiji." akaashi went closer to the counter and explained.

"ah! i see it. happy birthday, by the way. someone will show you to your seats in a bit." she told him before walking off and doing her job.

the setter went closer to you, "you cold? that dress doesn't look like it's covering anything." akaashi pushed some of your hair behind your shoulders, putting his hands in his pocket afterwards.

you looked at him in a confused manner, an eyebrow raising as well. you also took a step back because why on earth did he do that.

you shook your head, "i'm alright. thanks for asking though." you said in the most normal way...if that even is possible because why did he do that...hello...

in the blink of an eye, bokuto grabbed you and konoha at the same time, very harshly as one might say, "y/n! konoha has a question."

"bokuto! he can ask me himself" you furrowed your brows, "don't have to be so harsh, you know?" you turned to konoha, "is it serious or what?"

"a little bit," konoha chuckled, "do you like akaashi, y/n?"

your eyes widened a lot as you laughed kind of embarrassingly. okay, okay, play this off. you scoffed a bit and put on your most confident face, "what!!!! we're just friends!"

that was not playing it cool but k.

the boy paused for a second, "oh? i swore i thought you liked him. doesn't she bokuto?" konoha faced bokuto, "i thought you liked him, right bo?"

you glared at bokuto signifying to shut his mouth and not tell konoha. thank goodness, he actually got the message this time and just said: "uh... i don't know. y/n never tells me her crushes anymore!"

"i really don't." you laughed again to hide the lie.

konoha spoke again, "i really thought you did. my bad."

a waitress appeared in front of your group and told her to follow her. she showed you guys a large circular booth to sit at, with a table in the middle. the other boys got seated and you waited for all of them to get situated.

you were about to sit at the edge of the booth but akaashi called you, "guys. get out. let y/n sit in the middle. so she can sit with me." he basically ordered his teammates to get out, "y/n. sit with me."

your eyes widened again and your mouth curved into a smile that was not a real smile but a more embarrassed and shocked smile. you looked around at the company and waved off akaashi's offer, "no, no, it's fine... really!" you looked to your left and see one of the girl-friends smiling at you, "you go ahead!"

she looked at you with furrowed brows before she laughed, "no, no, i couldn't impose on whatever this is."

"konoha?"

konoha laughed and gestured for you to sit first, "nah...akaashi was very direct with his orders, y/n."

bokuto stifled a laugh and looked at the setter, "okay okay. we're moving agashe. come on y/n! he wants you to sit next to him." bokuto grabbed you by the shoulders and pushed you to the part where akaashi is sitting.

"hey."

akaashi smiled when you got situated next to him. the boy ran his hand through your hair to fix it, forming butterflies in your stomach. "i just wanted to sit next to you." he grinned.

as much as this is giving you the butterflies...WHAT!!!!! who is this man.

"...so did i" you managed to spit out. you did want to sit next to him but causing a big scene is too crazy. kinda gave you the ick. on his birthday too. damn.

one of the boys, komi, looked at you with his arms resting on the table, "so y/n, right?" you nodded, "nice to meet you, by the way! akaashi talks so fondly of you in our groupchat."

you laughed, "oh does he now?" you looked at the setter who was giving komi the deadliest stare ever.

all of the other boys and said, "yes" to your question.

your cheeks showed a tint of crimson on it while akaashi was sitting there, no expression again.

akaashi coughed and drank water, "she's just my friend. that's it."

you pressed your mouth into a thin line and nodded very slowly, "yup! just friends!"

you couldn't tell if he was being serious or if he was just saying that to get his teammates off of his case. you widened your eyes in a shocked manner and sunk down on the seat you were sitting at.

you didn't want to seem like a killjoy so you kept quiet while they were all conversing.

every single bowl of ramen was finished clean. i guess, everyone was hungry tonight. all of you were now talking about whatever.

"how's your birthday so far?" you turned to the boy next to you.

he sighed, "it was better than the years before, now that you're here. i'm thankful i lost that history paper that day." akaashi chuckled at the flashback.

okay seriously, what is going on. no way he pregamed because he drove...

you smiled, "glad you feel that way."

you were interrupted by a few waiters and waitresses surrounding your table. akaashi took his head out of your shoulder and looked at them. a server had a cake in his hand and lit the candles on the table.

the setter looked at his friends with disbelief and a smile, "did you guys— thanks." he laughed.

the rest of the boys and especially bokuto started singing 'happy birthday' quite chaotically, earning looks from other people at the restaurant.

"happy nineteenth, akaashi." you greeted him and he returned it with a smile.

akaashi faced the birthday cake and blew out his candles. but he already realized his wish already came true.

that he was here with you.

sora's notes

ew cringe!!!!!!!!!!!!!