invitation

「 08:10 ! thursday morning ! 」

08:10 ! thursday morning !

you both walked in the coffee shop. bokuto already left, thank goodness. you both walked up to the counter and ordered.

"i'll pay," you said with a smile. you took out your debit card and placed it on the counter.

akaashi grinned and furrowed his brows, "what? y/n. i was joking. of course i'll pay." he took out and placed his card on the counter as well, smiling.

"i'm older than you, meaning i have to take care of the little ones," you teased him for his age as you slid your card closer to the cashier. she looked at you weirdly, "no i'll pay. don't worry about it." you smiled at the lady.

"no i will." akaashi smiled as well as he was sliding his card closer to her as well.

"oh come on akaashi, didn't you just say to take you to coffee?" you raised an eyebrow.

"i was just joking, obviously."

you handed your card to the cashier, "here, take mine. i owe him." you smiled again. she ended up taking your card and paid for both of your orders. "thank youuu."

"you know, i could've paid for that," akaashi chuckled as he was putting back his card in his wallet, "i wanted to be a gentleman... despite you being an old lady."

"i'm not old!"

"you're a year older."

"doesn't mean i'm old."

"just wanted to be a gentleman."

you rolled your eyes, "you have been. for the past month. oh! also! bo mentioned that someone's birthday is coming up." you elbowed him on the side, gaining a small giggle from him.

"yeah," the setter smiled, grabbing both of your guys' coffees. he handed yours to you.

"you doing anything?" you asked, "thank you. you doing anything for your birthday?" you faced the boy.

akaashi nodded, "yeah. probably just hang out with friends. you can come too." he stated.

"what no!" you were taken aback, "no! that's fine. i don't want to intrude..."

"oh come on. you're invited," the setter smiled, bumping into you, "you're invited y/n. trust me. i want you to come."

"well... if you put it like that, i guess i'll come," you said sarcastically as you were rolling your eyes. that made akaashi laugh even more, "how old are you turning?"

"nineteen." he said simply.

"nineteen?" you widened your eyes, "i'm turning twenty-one in a few months, the hell."

akaashi adjusted his glasses, "so you're confirming you're an old lady?" the setter chuckled.

"am not."

"are too."

"am not."

"are too."

"am not!"

"okay okay, you're not," the ebony-haired boy smiled, "do you want me to walk you back or something? don't you have class after this?"

"uhhhh yeah. i have class in the art department which is near here. i mean you don't have to drop me off if you don't want to." you explained to him, sipping your coffee from your hands.

akaashi furrowed his eyebrows, "what do you mean? of course i'll walk you there? come on let's go or you'll be late to class."

the setter pulled you under this clear umbrella as always. you both started walking to the art building since your class was in there.

"oh i forgot to ask, what's your major?" you asked him suddenly.

akaashi looked down on you, "literature."

"cool!"

"and you know, you've asked me that before." the setter raised a brow making your cheeks heat up with embarrassment.

"i see. do you want to be a book author?" you questioned him again. his arms were still around you.

he shook his head, "something like that? i want to be an editor."

you nodded your head, "ah. that's cool."

"how about you? what's your major?"

"me? my major is art." you smiled as you were answering, "i don't know what job i want to do, though. but yeah, my major is art. hence, the art building." you gestured to the building in front of the both of you.

୨୧

[10:15]

[10:15]

so i heard you're invited
to akaashi's birthday
dinner huh 😋😋🤩🤩

moving so fast already 🥰🥰🥰

wtf how'd you know

because i am ALSO
invited

of COURSE YOU ARE

along with konoha
i'm guessing 😤

of course!!! we're practically
akaashi's best friends

you're not the only one
becoming best friends with
akaashi keiji 😩😩

I'M NOT EVEN
IMPLYING THAT🤬

lmao you know who
else is invited!!!

oh gosh

who

kuroo and kenma

THEY'RE FRIENDS
WITH HIM TOO????

you would think the
quiet mysterious book
nerd literature major would
be more QUIET AND
MYSTERIOUS!!

🙄🙄🙄

ugh now that he's friends
with ❤️kuroken❤️ he'll
be popular☹️

oh honey he became popular
the second he became the
setter of this school

LOL

why? you gatekeeping him?

kinda 🥺

HAHA

get over it y/n

just make your move
and i'm sure akaashi
will fall for your charms!

i'm sure this dinner would
be the PERFECT time!! 🤪