head over heels

10:00 todai library

undoing the isolation was no fun. it was kind of laughable. it's only been like a week and a half to two weeks but within that you haven't seen bokuto that much and your texts with akaashi have been pretty dry.

of course they checked in but you merely brushed it off with the fact that all of you have been so busy.

the funny thing is when you entered the library, the instant feeling of regret welcomed you once you pushed on the two doors. it reminded you what you and the boy could've been. maybe if you pushed a little more, maybe you two would've been together.

but unfortunately, there's no 'maybes' or 'wouldves' in this story.

the way it was sunny made you cringe too. you were sad but the overwhelming sight of the sunlight made you want to pack up everything in your dorm and eat a shit ton of ramen.

"hey where's the history isle?" you asked a ta.

"over there, why?"

you furrowed your brows, "for a textbook...? what else? just reading history for fun?"

the ta rolled his eyes as he pushed the cart of books and returned them back to their section, "no need to get all snappy at me."

you ignored his remark and dashed for the isle as you laughed embarrassingly and thought about akaashi in this very building.

"this is the dumbest thing i have ever done," you thought to yourself, "falling for a younger guy...embarrassing!"

an array of 'shh!' quieted you down and you embarrassingly smiled at the students studying who had frowns on their faces. you noticed a couple there, reading a book together with shared head phones. mentally rolling your eyes, you walked away. you didn't have energy for this.

you only came to the library for the textbook you needed for your history minor anyway. it's not like you came here because you missed someone, not at all. definitely not because of that...

the librarian looked at you with a smile, i guess she remembered you from all the times you used to study here. "hey, you alone this time?" she asked as you handed her a history textbook to check out.

"i've been alone." you said to yourself.

"what was that?" she asked as she scanned the barcode, "and is this all you need? i swore you majored in literature!"

you widened your eyes, "uh nothing, and i don't major in literature... that was... my friend," you paused, "i major in art and minor in european history."

she gave you the textbook with a grin and your library card back, "ah, now i remember him, not friends anymore?" the woman questioned as she looked at your card.

"we're still friends..."

"swore ya two were datin' or something!" she exclaimed.

"no, no... definitely not dating!" you laughed.

the woman clicked her tongue, "mmm okay hun, but too bad! you're very pretty! maybe my son will like ya!"

someone's son... you laughed in your head.

"good luck this semester alright? and have fun! loose up a bit!"

giggling, "thank you so much." you ignored her first question on purpose, not wanting to reminisce what happened before, "i'll head out now."

ring ring !

📞 sato kaiyo is calling ...