𝐨𝐧𝐞

You unpacked the boxes in your new room, and started putting away your clothes in your empty dresser. You had just moved to Japan from America, for your dads job, and you weren't too thrilled. You had trouble making friends back in your home country, so who knows how that's gonna go in a foreign one, at least you knew the language pretty well. Tomorrow was your first day at your new school, Karasuno High School, and you were a first year. You finished putting your clothes away and started unpacking another box, which was full of books.

"[Y/N]!" Your mom shouted from the kitchen, "Come downstairs, meet our new neighbors!"

     You finished unpacking a few books and made your way down the stairs and to the front door. You sighed to your self ; 𝘵𝘩𝘦𝘴𝘦 𝘯𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘣𝘰𝘳𝘴 𝘣𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘱𝘦𝘦𝘥𝘺 𝘴𝘰 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘪𝘴𝘩 𝘶𝘱 𝘮𝘺 𝘳𝘰𝘰𝘮. As you neared the front door you found both your parents talking to a fragile green haired woman, and to your surprise a freckled face boy about your age standing next to her. 

"[Y/N], this is Mrs. Yamaguchi" Your dad started, "and her son, Tadashi Yamaguchi, he's in the same class as you! How exciting!"

    The boy smiled at you kind of awkwardly. He was tall, taller than you at least, his hair was green like his mothers and it sat around his face with the exception of a few strands peeking up. His hands were in the pockets of his hoodie, which looked to be from a volleyball club. He seemed shy, like you. He made brief eye contact then drifted his gaze to the floor.

"Hi." You smiled, trying to be polite "I'm [Y/N] [L/N]."

"Hello [L/N]." Mrs. Yamaguchi smiled.

"Oh, you guys can call me [Y/N]!" You offered, since thats what people called you back in America.

"Well [Y/N], it's nice to meet you! I'm glad there's someone in the neighborhood Tadashi's age, I'm sure he's thrilled!" She continued. 

He looked up again and smiled, a little less awkward, he opened his mouth about to say something but his mother cut him off, "We should get going! It was nice meeting both," She nodded her head to both your parents, "I'm sure I'll see you around too, hopefully hanging out with Tadashi." 

 "Nice meeting you too!" Your mother said shutting the door, waving bye to the new neighbors.

"They seem nice!" Your dad exclaimed, "Maybe you should hang out with Tadashi sometime?"

"Maybe.." You mumbled as you started walking back up the stairs to your room.

    You finished unpacking your books and moved to a new box containing  bed sheets and curtains. You ruffled through the box grabbing the curtains and hung them up on the curtain rod. Directly across from your window was what looked like the boys room, Tadashi's. As you finished hanging up the curtains you glance out the window watching as the boy walked into his room. He noticed you watching and waved, this time smiling with teeth. Smiling, you wave back.

𝘏𝘦'𝘴 𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 𝘤𝘶𝘵𝘦 ; You thought to yourself as you turned around to continue finishing up your room.

...

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞:

Aa I've never written a fanfic before so please excuse the cringe! Also, sorry for any misspellings or grammar mistakes. Hopefully next chapter will be longer!