𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧

𝐘𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯:

Yams headed down to practice with Tsukki by his side. [y/n] wasn't coming to practice today, she'd told him earlier she had a dentists appointment after school which meant she would have to miss volleyball. It was a shame, Yams would miss walking home with her, even if it was only one day.

He sighed, "I need to work on my serves."

"It's alright, all you need is practice." Tsukki replied trying to be reassuring. Yams was his best friend, even if he didn't show it.

The two of them made their way to the boys' locker room and quickly changed into their volleyball uniforms, after that they made their way down to the gym, just on time as practice was about to begin.

...

"JUMP HIGHER YAMAGUCHI!" Coach Ukai yelled from across the gym. Yams wasn't doing too well today, maybe it was because [y/n] wasn't there. 

He couldn't stop thinking about her, he missed the way she smiled at him when he looked over to her watching him. He also couldn't stop thinking about last night, how she sorta kinda kissed him.

Practice was almost over, and everyone else seemed pretty tired, "I'll let you guys leave early today." Coach yelled, "That only means you'll have to work harder tomorrow!"

A couple of the other team members sighed in relief, Hinata on the other hand jumped to the occasion to having the gym to himself.

Yamaguchi picked up his water bottle and tiredly made his way to the locker room. Once he made his way up the stairs and into the room labeled "boys" he sat down next to his bag. Daichi and Suga walked into the room talking about some test they probably had coming up, while everyone else talked around them. Almost everyone was there, changing and putting their things away, except Hinata and Kageyama who were probably still practicing in the gym. Yams just sat there quietly, putting his things away quickly so he could make it home before sunset.

"Hey Yams!" Tanaka called out from across the room, "You're girlfriend wasn't here today."

"Tanaka!" Yams said putting on his beige ics sweatshirt, "Quit saying stuff like that, she's not my girlfriend!"

The rest of the group starting chiming in on their conversation, "You sure she's not your girlfriend?" Nishinoya asked, "If not I'll gladly take her, she's cute!"

"Noya, you'd never have the chance! She's taller than you anyway!" Tanaka laughed. The two of them started arguing.

"I've seen the way she looks at you, and vice versa." Suga smiled.

Yamaguchi rubbed the back of his neck, "I mean, I sorta told her I liked her yesterday.."

Nishinoya and Tanaka stoped fussing with each other, "NO WAY WHAT'D SHE SAY?" They asked in union.

"She said she likes me too." Yams said embarrassed. He looked over at Tsukki who was sitting next to him quietly.

"Have you guys kissed!?" "You should ask her out!"

"Guys, maybe we shouldn't get involved in Yamaguchi's love life." Daichi interrupted. 

"Oh common Daichi!" Sugawara laughed, "Loosen up!"

Tsukki got up grabbing his bag, "I should go, and so should Yams. We've both got a big test in the morning." He lied.

Yams got up following behind Tsukki, mouthing a quick 'thank you'. Tanaka and Nishinoya let out quiet awes, they were disappointed they wouldn't get to hear any more about [y/n] and Yamaguchi.

"Keep us updated between the two of you!" Noya winked from across the room.

"And good luck on your tests!" Suga said waving goodbye to the both of them.

...

Yams followed Tsukki out of the locker room as they both walked towards the exit of the school.

"Thanks for helping me out back there Tsukki, it got sort of overwhelming." Yams ran up behind Tsukishima trying to keep up with his long legs.

"Yeah, no problem." He replied.

The two of them stopped at the school entrance, "Night Tsukki!" Yams smiled.

Before Yams could turn around to head home Tsukki interrupted, "Suga's right." He said.

"Hm?"

"What Suga said was right, I've seen the way she looks at you."

"Really?" Yams replied.

"Yeah, I'm pretty sure she's supposed to be taking notes on all of us when she's just sitting there on the bleachers. You know like our strengths and weaknesses?" Yams nodded. "Every time I glance in her direction she's always looking at you." Tsukki said pushing up his glassed before putting his hands back in his front pockets, "If you really like her just kiss her."

"Wha-" Yamaguchi started turning red.

"Trust me, I've had my fair share of girls. I'm sure she'd like that." Tsukki then turned around heading to his house, which was in the opposite direction as Yamaguchi's. "Night Yams!"

"Night!" Yams smiled, "And thanks for the advice Tsukki!" 

...

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐨𝐭𝐞:

I just finished watching Say "I Love You", and holy crap I'm so single.