𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

It's been over a week since Tadashi asked you out to the school dance, and tonight was the big night! You had rushed home from school because Coach Ukai was kind enough to cancel Friday volleyball practice so everyone could get ready.

At the moment you were doing your makeup at your mirror. You were almost ready, all you had to do was put on some mascara and change into your dress. After carefully applying the mascara you sat up and walked over to your bed which your dress was laying on top of. The day after Yams asked you out, you and your mom went to the shopping district and you picked out a long, flowy blue dress. You carefully slipped the dress on over your head trying not to ruin your hair which you pinned half up. You then picked up your phone checking the time, 7:45, you still had a few minutes before you had to leave. Walking up to the full length mirror in your room, you admired yourself.

𝘗𝘳𝘦𝘵𝘵𝘺, you thought.

... 

𝐘𝐚𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐮𝐜𝐡𝐢'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯:

Yams waited outside the school entrance for [y/n]. They agreed to meet outside the school five minutes early instead of walking there together. He kept checking his phone, she was late.  Maybe she just wasn't going to show up? Yams sighed looking down at the ground, 𝘮𝘢𝘺𝘣𝘦 𝘴𝘩𝘦 𝘥𝘰𝘦𝘴𝘯'𝘵 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘮𝘦 𝘢𝘧𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘢𝘭𝘭?

"Hi!" Yams looked up to see [y/n]'s smiling face in front of him. She looked so pretty. She wore a long flowy dress, and she had these dangling star earrings hanging from her ears. The front strands of her [h/c] were pinned up so you could see her face better. "Sorry I was late." 

"Wow.." Yamaguchi blurted out, "I mean, you look really nice!!" He replied nervously.

She blushed, "You too."

"Do you wanna head in?" He asked.

She nodded and the two of them walked to the gym where the dance was being held. 

...

[𝐲/𝐧]'𝐬 𝐩𝐨𝐯:

The gym was decked out from head to toe. There were streamers and lights hanging from the railings of the balcony, tables with assortments of food replaced where the bleachers used to be,   and the crowd of people made the gym feel a lot bigger than it was previously.

 You saw a couple of people you knew from your classes, you waved at a girl named Yachi. She invited you to sit with her at lunch one day and ever since then the two of you became friends. You also saw a few people from volleyball. You also saw Daichi  who was dancing with a girl named Yui Michimiya, she was the captain of the girls' volleyball team, Nishinoya and Tanaka who were following Kiyoko around, and Tsukishima who was dancing with a girl you've never seen before. According to Tadashi, Tsukki was sort of a chick magnet, though he didn't look too thrilled to be there.

To be honest the whole scene was a bit overwhelming, you weren't too good with big groups of people. Yams seemed to notice because he grabbed your hand, which made your heart beat faster than it already was.

"Wanna dance?" He asked looking down at you.

You looked up at him and smiled, "Yeah, of course!" 

He lead you into the sea of people, gripping your hand tighter so the two of you wouldn't get separated. Eventually you stopped in an area with less people and the two of you started to dance. You smiled as he twirled you around making your dress look airy and light. 

"Hey [y/n]! Hey Yamaguchi!" Hinata yelled emerging out of the crowd with Kageyama following close behind him.

"Hi Hinata!" You smiled down at the red head who was wearing a tux fairly similar to the one Yams was wearing.