Chapter Thirty-Five | Jasper

Jasper had expected the response he got from Killian. He wasn't irritated or angry with him for not believing the story. If somebody had told Jasper the same exact thing, he wouldn't have believed them either. He'd done the right thing by telling his partner. Relationships built on trust, trust meant communication, which definitely didn't involve hiding something so alarming.

Part of Jasper had wanted to tell Killian everything. Going to the barn, what he witnessed Cohen doing and the fight that ensued. But he knew if he told Killian, there would be no stopping him lashing out at the doctor. Cohen wasn't stupid, Jasper knew that. If Killian did lash out, Cohen would immediately know.

Even though Jasper knew he could have kept everything a secret, he didn't want to. Killian was both his partner and one of his closest friends. There was no reason that he should have kept it from him. He wondered if he should tell Darren, but ultimately decided against it. The more people who knew, the more danger he'd be in.

Not wanting Killian to leave without something to remember him by, Jasper swept his old jacket off of the bedroom floor and put it on his partner, giving him a kiss on the lips. "Be careful." Killian mumbled, then kissed him again. Jasper's heart fluttered every time they kissed. He could only think of how lucky he was that Killian had chosen him, out of all people.

"I will be. You be careful too, Boy Scout." Jasper murmured. He was reluctant to let Killian go when they reached the bottom of the stairs. Before his partner could run off to greet the other hunters, he grabbed him into a big hug. "You're not getting away that easily." He said, nuzzling his boyfriend with a mischievous grin. "Maybe I just won't ever let go."

"Jasper you big oaf!" Killian laughed, using his hands in an attempt to push Jasper away.

"I just love you sooo much!" Jasper continued.

After a while of wriggling around, Killian managed to break free and scramble off. "Hey!" Jasper couldn't help the big grin on his face as he chased after Killian, skidding around the corner of the hallway and into the kitchen. Nobody else besides Darren and Aubrey were awake, with Jackson waiting impatiently next to them in the living room.

Killian squeaked as Jasper swept him up off of his feet and sat him down on the kitchen countertop. His his hands on either side of Killian, he'd successfully trapped the young man. The impish smile on his lips, the warmth in his hazel eyes, the small blush on his cheeks...everything about Killian was perfect.

Reaching forwards, Killian ran his hands through Jasper's hair. Usually Jasper didn't enjoy something like that, but for Killian, he would make an exception. "You caught me," Jasper felt all warm and fuzzy inside as he caught the hint of a giggle in his partner's voice.

"Of course I did." Jasper cupped Killian's face in his hands, running his thumbs along the younger man's cheekbones. "I wish you could come with me but-"

"But you'd be stressed out of your mind." Killian interrupted, pressing his forehead against Jasper's. The scent of lavender and chamomile clouded his mind as Jasper breathed in. "I know, baby. I'll be okay," Killian whispered.

Jasper tangle his hand into Killian's brunette curls and brought his lover closer to him. This time their kiss lingered, much longer than before. He didn't mind. That longing in his lower stomach grew stronger then, but Jasper forced it away. There are people watching. He reminded himself.

"You are definitely going to have a long night." Jasper growled playfully. A small part of him wondered if Killian's sudden playfulness was just stirring the pot, so to speak, to tease Jasper even more. Once again, he didn't mind. You won't walk tomorrow by the time I'm done with you.