just how fast the night changes

"You're doing alright."

She said reassuringly while I'm sweating hard and can feel my heart ready to burst out as I grip the steering wheel as if our life depended on it. Well, it certainly does.

"Calm down, babe. There's nothing to worry about. I'm here to protect you."

She soothed, caressing my right hand which is still having a gripping battle with the steering wheel. That gesture lessens the nervousness I'm feeling. She truly knows how to calm me down.

"Do you trust me?"

She asked, placing her hand on my thigh. I glance at her and fix my eyes back to the road, worried that we'll crash if I look away for long. But her lingering touch burns my skin, tingling my spine is making it hard for me to focus.

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I try to shrug off the hormones taking over my mind.

Focus on the road, Jennie!

"Babe?"

Lisa tapped my thigh startling me.

"Y-yeah?"

"I said that you should speed up a bit. People will be mad at you if you drive this slow."

She chuckled making my heart flutter. I stepped on the brake pedal to watch her laugh. It's always a nice view to stare at.

"Congrats babe! You reached my neighbor's house within 20 minutes. That's a wholesome record."

She laughed again but this time, I look around only to confirm that she's right. I thought I've already gone too far. Damn!

I pouted earning a pinch on the cheeks. I wince in pain as I try to remove her hands from me.

"My little dumpling is so cute."

She finally removed her hand off my cheeks when I smacked them.

"That hurts, babe!"

She rubbed her arm as she tries to act cute. She's cute, but she doesn't need confirmation from me.

I just mocked her and slumped on the headrest, crossing my arms with a groan escaping my mouth.

"I'm hungry."

"Are you for real? You didn't even reach my neighbor's neighbor, babe..."

"Shut up!"

She cackled which I find annoying and eargasmic at the same time.

"Fine, milady. Let's switch places so we can eat as soon as possible."

She stepped out before I smack her again for teasing me. Clever woman!

"So where do you want to eat, my princess?"

She asked after buckling our seatbelts. I hummed in response thinking of a restaurant.

"Or we can just eat each other out. That would be more convenient and fun!"

She added with a smirk making me squint my eyes hard at her that it hurts. Nevertheless, the idea is inviting but the dinosaurs in my stomach didn't agree.

"Just kidding, babe. So where to?"

"McDonald's!"

"You know babe... I can't wait to see you drive up here wearing your Chanel fit and red lipstick. Of course, you'll be speeding up a bit like a bad bitch. Oh God! That would be so fucking hot to watch."

Lisa said with dreamy eyes, glancing at me as she spoke until she parked her car on the side of the road.

"Very well. You should teach me properly first, dork!"