Injustice

"Hey, Jen! Please help us."

I heard Jisoo stifles a cry making me worried. She doesn't plead that easily unless it is the only option she has.

"What happened?"

"Lisa..."

I froze when I heard her name. The memories came playing in a rush at once.

It's been a hell of a year.

"She... She was arrested."

This is a joke, right? Some kind of prank perhaps?

"Jen? Are you there?"

She asked in between sobs that made me realize I've been quiet for too long.

"Yeah... Yeah. I'm here. W-why? What was the reason?"

She began to speak incoherently while still crying. She must be in shock. That's why she can't explain it.

"Wait, Jisoo! Calm down. Where are you?"

"Lisa's house."

She lets out a sob after the response.

"Okay. Breathe first and I'll be there before you know it. We'll fix this."

I ended the call in a hurry and pick up my bag on the table before running down towards the law firm's parking lot.

"Now it's not the time to panic, Jen."

I utter to myself while my hands are shaking trying to find the car key.

I stop for a moment to breathe and calm my nerves.

"Okay. You got this!"

I turn off the ignition and scan the house I used to go to. It's still the same so does the memories.

I breathe heavily before stepping out of the car and march my way inside. As I walk, I remember every little detail that happened in some areas.

We used to lie down here at the front lawn watching the night sky while our hands were intertwined. It was peaceful and ecstatic.

Of course, the front door. Who would forget the embarrassment we felt when we got caught kissing by her mother? Absolutely, not me.

And the living room where we used to cuddle, watch movies, and make out. It's still the same except for the fact that our pictures are not here anymore which is totally understandable.

Jisoo is also nowhere to be seen. Where is she?

Just as a cue, she appears from the bathroom. Her eyes are puffy and her nose is red. Looks like she's been crying the whole time.

"Jen..."

She mumbles and a tear fell on her cheek. I didn't hesitate to engulf her in a hug hoping that it will lessen her pain. But she bursts into tears and tightens the embrace. I rub her back softly while I feel my heart shattering with her.

She sniffs while I'm guiding her to sit on the couch.

"What happened?"

I asked softly afraid that she will break down again.

She doesn't answer me. She reaches for her back pocket instead and fishes out her phone. I just watch her intently waiting for her to say something. As much as I want to hear the reason, I don't want to pressure her. This must be hard for her. It's her best friend we're talking about.

After a while, she handed me her phone that's playing a video. I take the phone out of her hand and watch the video intently.

"What the fuck?!"