White Cat

There was... something wrong that day. I'm not sure why, but I had a feeling things were going to get really bad. Like, end of the world bad.

But why today? Weren't things always awful? I didn't even have a weird ass dream or anything. Somehow, I just kind of... knew.

"John?"

I looked up. It was Marinette, standing above me. I was at the Place des Vosges, sitting next to a tree, shade covering my face. My neck ached.

Must've nodded off here...

"Huh?" I sat up, shaking a leaf out of my hair. "What's happening?"

"Oh, nothing much," Marinette chuckled. "I'm just walking through here, and..." She went red, bouncing on her toes. "Ahh! I can't keep it in anymore, John! I left a gift at Adrien's, and... and...!"

She began breathing heavily. I stood up, holding out a hand.

"You okay?" I asked.

"He saw me leaving it there!" she squealed.

"And...?" I tilted my head.

"I think..." she blushed bright red. "I think he's gonna confess his love to me!"

"Is he...?" I asked. My head began to ache.

Then I remembered what was going on. I'd been hanging out with Alix at the Place des Vosges; she'd been showing me all of her skateboard moves or whatever. Because of her, ahem, encouragement, I tried to skateboard myself, but because I was incompetent, I fell over and hit my head. I decided I wanted a break after that, and leaned against the tree, preparing to have a short nap.

And then I nodded off... I thought. Of course. I frowned. Hang on a second, there's something I'm missing here. There was someone that showed up while I was hanging out with Alix...

I stepped back, rubbing my painful head. Who was it? Ah, that's right, it was that bunny hero... the one who...

"John?" Marinette asked, grabbing my attention. "Are you okay?"

Suddenly, right before our eyes, a whole-ass, glowing blue portal opened. And the person I was just thinking of stepped out.

She was tallish (tall as me), with that iconic wild Alix hair. She wore a baby blue and white bodysuit with pockets at her stomach. Her mask was blue at the top, and white at the bottom. She had white rabbit ears, baby blue on the insides. A blue and white umbrella was on her back.

"Bunnyx...?" Marinette stepped back.

"Is Ladybug around?" Bunnyx asked, crossing her arms. "I need to speak to her." She winked at me.

"Uh, I'll see if I can find her," Marinette replied, racing away, leaving me alone with Bunnyx.

"Old pal John," Bunnyx grinned at me.

"... Alix," I deadpanned.

"Wow, I've met your doppelgänger," she laughed. "I didn't know you were such a twink."

"That's an alternate version of me," I told her. "Completely different from me, y'know."

"I know," she waved a hand, shaking her head. She scowled. "But seriously, John. I know what they're up to. You really should-"

She was interrupted by Ladybug swinging down and landing in front of me, yo-yo in hand.

"I heard you needed me," she looked up at Bunnyx.

"Minibug, something happened today that caused a major disaster in the future," Bunnyx told Ladybug. "I'm not sure what it was or when it happened exactly. Nothing unusual to report on your side?"