Dude, quit staring at me

I'm not sure if I'm a weirdo or something, but I really can't see the appeal of a lot of mainstream TV shows. Reality shows are all a lot of fake crap, and that's not even my opinion, that's just fact. As for teen dramas or whatever, too much talking about sex really. Does anyone really care? No.

I'm not a big fan of the KIDZ+ channel. As I said before, most of the shows on there are just dumb. Reality shows, kids drama, whatever, it's all dumb. However, my step-sisters did not have the same opinion. They loved everything on that stupid channel and watched it all the time, much to my annoyance. If I heard one more damn laugh track coming from that TV I swear I was gonna-

It was a nice Saturday afternoon. Slumped on the couch, I turned on the TV, just to see if the news had anything going on. Instead I was confronted with another atrocity from KIDZ+.

"Welcome back to everyone's #1 live game show: The Challenge!" yelled my favourite guy Alec (totally not sarcasm). "Let's give it up for our awesome contestant, Nino!"

What kind of name is 'The Challenge'? I thought. Man, these shows somehow keep getting more and more stupid...

"OMG!" the demon twins screamed, almost making me go deaf in my good ear. "THE CHALLENGE!"

They jumped beside me, scaring the living daylights out of me. They had their eyes glued to The Challenge, which took place in the TVi Studio, aka the most popular TV studio in Paris. And unfortunately, it was also where many bad shows were filmed.

As Alec the annoyance said before, good old Nino Lahiffe was a contestant. The guy himself walked out on the stage, waving at the audience.

"So Nino, you're a student and a DJ," Alec said. "That's pretty awesome! Check out the decks we got for you!"

He pointed to a DJ set and boombox, centerstage. While Nino seemed happy, it only reminded me of the time he turned into the Bubbler and gave me a life-time fear of bubbles.

"Ooh," my sisters gawked.

I had to admit, I was kind of (and I emphasise kind of) interested to see what Nino was going to do on the show. After all, I actually knew the dude.

And then, the mayor André Bourgeois walked out on the stage, gazing left and right.

"Alright, Nino, your challenge is to make the mayor dance!" Alec told Nino. "Can you do it?"

Nino grinned. "You know it!"

He stood behind his DJ set thing, and slipped his headphones over his ears. He began, uh, making a track, or whatever it is DJs do. The demon twins and I watched the mayor to see if he'd begin cutting some shapes. To my surprise, the mayor bobbed his head to the beat. Or something like that.

"Victory!" Alec called. "Challenge conquered by Nino. You moved your head to the beat, Mayor Bourgeois! That counts as dancing!"

"What?!" André demanded. "That's not true! My neck was... itching, that's all."

"Relieving an itch to the beat counts as dancing, too!" Alec retorted. He grinned at Nino. "Nino, congratulations. You'll return in one week to meet your next challenge!"

"Wow, that was awesome!" my step-sisters cheered.

"All he did was bob his head," I said. "How's that awesome?"

"Shhh!" my step sisters hissed.

I rolled my eyes.

"And now, for our next contestant, welcome Simon Grimault!" Alec yelled.