The worst fashion show ever

Being a Parisian, you'd probably expect me to be into fashion or whatever. And I guess I kind of am, since sewing is my jam. But actually keeping up with all the fashion trends? Yeah, no, not me. I really couldn't care less.

So of course, that's why I was going to a fashion show. Something I really cared about (not).

It started on a predictably normal day, in which I'd actually forgotten about the fashion show. Dad and I were seated at a cafe, watching the news on a big screen. We both had some coffee in front of us.

"Scarf coming along well?" Dad sipped his drink.

I shrugged. "Three quarters done."

We gazed up at the huge screen on the building, showing our, uh, favourite newscaster, Nadja Chamack.

"Tonight, the Grand Palais hosts the most eagerly awaited event of the year!" she cheered. "The sensational fashion show of the famous designer Gabriel Agreste! And a major event always brings prestigious guests: Mayor of Paris, André Bourgeois, is expected to attend the show with his wife, the great and highly respected fashion queen, Audrey Bourgeois!"

Fashion show... I thought. Hey, isn't that the fashion show Marinette made her weird pigeon derby hat for? The one Adrien is in or something?

I shivered at the thought of pigeons.

"Hey, John," Dad caught my attention. "Isn't that your friend?"

He was pointing to, of course, none other than Marinette, who was running through the street, carrying a box.

"She's not my friend," I told Dad.

"Are you sure?" Dad asked. "You spend a lot of time around her."

"It's all a coincidence," I replied.

Dad stared at me.

"It's true," I waved a hand.

Marinette tripped over, dropping her box. She quickly got up, dusting herself off. I noticed Tikki was flying around her head, right out in public. Fantastic. Just fantastic.

Marinette noticed me, giving me a nervous smile. I kind of just stared at her in return. Then she ran off again.

I sighed, sipping my coffee. Some time later, the big screen began broadcasting an interview between Nadja and Audrey Bourgeois, who if you hadn't guessed by her last name, was Chloé Bourgeois' mother. They were all standing in front of the Grand Palais.

"Audrey, like the slogan of your magazine says 'If it's in good taste; it's in 'Style Queen!'" Nadja exclaimed. "So, what's in good taste this year?"

"Judging by the way you're dressed, you obviously don't know, my dear," Audrey told her, Chloé sniggering. "For your information, the trend this year is glitter."

Nadja swiftly ignored that comment. "As the editor of Style Queen, you spend a lot of time in New York. It must be nice to be with your family for a change here in Paris."

"She's very happy to see me," Chloé piped up. "By the way, Mom, I have a little something for you." She pulled a little gift box out of her jacket.

"Clara - uh... Chloé, what is this?" Audrey scoffed.

"Um... it's a gift?" Chloé asked.

"Ugh, this wrapping paper is ridiculous, utterly ridiculous," Audrey waved a manicured hand. "You're fired."

"Darling, please, you can't fire Chloé, she's your daughter!" André gasped.