The Bourgeois family need to chill, part 2

The bitch stole it. The damn bitch stole the box.

Seriously. I'd just gotten back to my chair in that stupid Grand Palais fashion show when I realised Chloé Bourgeois had stolen the damn jewellery box thing.

Ugh, I knew she was being more annoying than usual, I stood up to try and find the damn witch. Why would she steal it, though? To get attention or something? I guess it looked pretty special for a box-

"John!"

Dad wrapped his arms around me, pulling me down again. "Oh, thank the gods, you're okay!"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," I mumbled into his arm.

"Well, if this is what all fashion shows are like, maybe we'll avoid them in the future," Dad joked, sweating all over.

"Smart thinking," I grunted.

The lights and blaring music stopped our conversation. We watched Adrien walk down the glamorous catwalk (ha ha very punny) and strike a few corny poses. The lights flashed, almost blinding me ten times over. I was just able to see Adrien wearing Marinette's hat. I wasn't some fashion expert or critic or whatever, but he looked... alright, I guess.

Of course, Alya was live-streaming the whole thing, because you need them views. While all the flashing lights and annoying music were eye-catching and everything, the actual show wasn't really keeping me that entertained.

I pouted, sneakily pulling out my phone.

Man, I thought. This thing is such a drag. When's it gonna be-

And then I looked up, because things suddenly got interesting.

"Ladybloggers, a huge update!" I heard Alya gasp. "That's Gabriel Agreste; he hasn't been in public in ages."

Yup, you heard her. Gabriel Agreste himself was standing on the catwalk, staring at his son. Adrien stared back. It was hard to pinpoint the expression on his face.

Gabriel walked towards Adrien, and stopped right in front of him. Adrien stood there, frozen in shock. We all leaned forward in anticipation. Except for me, I leaned forward in, like, mild interest, I guess.

Adrien took off his hat. And then... his father pulled him in for a hug. Adrien paused, before wrapping his arms around his father while holding the hat. The paparazzi went crazy, taking photos of Adrien and his father in embrace.

"Scoop number two!" Alya cried. "Gabriel Agreste has just turned up!"

(I had no idea what the Hell that meant, honestly.)

Audrey unfolded her arms and pulled her sunglasses down with her finger. The box stealer - aka Chloé - mimicked the same pose. Alya and Marinette stood up in excitement. As nice as the hug was, I still wanted to go home and cry myself to sleep.

"And that means we'll be seeing your hat in every single photo and news broadcast!" Alya cheered to Marinette.

The paparazzi kept taking photos as the Agreste duo kept hugging and all that. Dad put his arm around me.

Please just let this be over now...

Unfortunately, I had to stick around to watch some more family drama. Gabriel and Adrien stopped hugging and turned their attention to the Bourgeois family.

"My dear Audrey, I heard about the unforgivable misfortune you had to endure." Gabriel told her, kissing her hand like one of those Reddit white knights.

You should be saying that to everyone that got turned into a damn statue, I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I'm still quite overwhelmed." Audrey admitted, taking her hand back.