chapter nine

"GET UP, YOU lazy sod!" cried the jarring voice of Benny Shepherd

...."GET UP, YOU lazy sod!" cried the jarring voice of Benny Shepherd. Jackie groaned and opened her eyes slightly, screwing them up at the insufferable amount of sunlight in the room. She turned on her stomach and shoved her face into the pillow, trying to get another five minutes sleep. For that she was awarded a smack on the back of the head with Benny's pillow.

Everyone knew that Benny was like a kid on Christmas during Hogsmeade days. But surely there was no need to be up this early on a Saturday morning. Jackie could hear Cordelia shrieking "Piss off Benny!!" from her bed in the corner. But alas, the woman could not be deterred and they were up and heading down to breakfast within the hour.

Benny looked at each sleepy face as they gradually came down one by one from the dorms. "Cheer up ladies, it's Hogsmeade day."

Jackie shot her a half-hearted glare. "You'll be lucky if you make it to Hogsmeade today." She grumbled.

Benny just gave her an even wider grin at the weak threat.

———————————

"What are these trousers called?" Jackie inquired, tugging at the belt loop of blue jeans Cordelia had donned for their trip into Hogsmeade.

"Bellbottoms. They're a muggle trend, they make your arse look fantastic." She answered with a cheeky grin.

"I do love a good muggle invention." Sighed Jackie teasingly as the other girl gave a little spin to show them at all angles. Jackie so longed for those less conservative muggle-style clothes but her father would only end up burning them upon her return.

They sat down at the breakfast table and began filling their plates with bacon and toast. Benny was just laying out her plans for the day when Jackie looking up to see Regulus striding in, his usual graceful steps still very much in place.

He had been avoiding her and all the girls since their argument and that surprised her. She thought he would have at least tried to make amends. For Jackie was as stubborn as a mule and she certainly wasn't going to apologize first.