chapter twenty-five

FEBRUARY THE FOURTEENTH

....FEBRUARY THE FOURTEENTH. Depending on your current love life status, some might count it as one of the best days of the year and others might count it as among the worst. Regulus Black and Jackie Harmon were definitely members of the latter group.

Jackie hated Valentines Day because she said that it was just a day created by corporations so boys could overcompensate and make up for being an arse to their girlfriend all year.

Regulus didn't know why he hated Valentines Day but he tended to just agree with whatever idea Jackie had come up with.

Lily Evans on the other hand, was a hopeless romantic and was determined to make everyone around her aware of it. Like the day before Valentines for example when she could be seen chasing after Jackie Harmon outside the greenhouses in an attempt to convince her to help with decorating the Great Hall for the upcoming occasion.

"Jackie you're a prefect. You can't just decline your duties." Lily pleaded after cornering Jackie outside of her Herbology lesson.

"Yeah I'm a prefect, but that doesn't mean I'm willing to abandon all my values over it." Jackie argued back, trying to wrench her satchel out of Lily's iron grip so she could get to lunch.

"It's only helping me put up a few decorations for tomorrow! Don't be so contrary." Lily scolded, not willing to let her go until she agreed.

"Why exactly is it a necessity to make the Great Hall look like cupid vomited hearts and sparkles all over it? You only need look at the calendar to know what day it is." Jackie questioned, giving Lily her best skeptical look.

"How can you possibly be so pessimistic about Valentines Day? It's a celebration of all things good!" Lily contrasted, her eyes glossing over slightly at the thought of it.

Jackie looked at her dazed face in alarm and raised an eyebrow. "You're going barmy. Get Potter to help, I'm sure he'll be more than obliging."

Lily frowned at her in the way a mother might look when scolding a child. "I don't want to work with him. God Jackie, do you want me to go completely insane?"