chapter one

JACQUELINE HARMON DECIDED that gripping her trolley so tightly that her knuckles went white was the best way to resist the urge to sprint to the train and bid her father good riddance until Christmas

....JACQUELINE HARMON DECIDED that gripping her trolley so tightly that her knuckles went white was the best way to resist the urge to sprint to the train and bid her father good riddance until Christmas. Maybe until summer if she could find a suitable excuse.

She had dreamed of the Slytherins dark, cold common room since the first day of summer and had considered owling The Ministry to enquire about the consequences of underage witches committing patricide by the time June had rolled around.

"Well I suppose I'll be off now then." She commented, trying her very hardest to not sound so pleased about it.

Her father took this as an opportunity to give her a nice farewell lecture before she could escape. "You will not owl unless it is urgent. And if I hear a word of trouble from that school, you will come home and instead begin etiquette and decorum lessons with Charlotte, do you hear?" Alistair Harmon was just not a man of great affection.

"Yes Father." was given in response as Jackie tried her very hardest to keep her temper under wraps. She knew that if she didn't keep up the image of an obedient young lady, her father would keep his promise and pull her from Hogwarts.

"Honour and Grace, Jackie." her father told her, repeating the Harmon family motto as he did every year.

"Atque honoris gratia." she repeated, translating it to it's given Latin counterpart.

With those final parting words, she turned and pushed her trolley through the wall of Platform 9 and 3/4 for the fifth time of her life. She was in such a hurry to leave behind her so-called family and the misery that had been that summer that she didn't notice the approving stare of Walburga Black and the way she was nudging her son as she passed by.

——————————

"Mother, she is only just turned 16, I hardly think marriage will be a concern of hers right now."

As soon as Regulus' mother had spotted the witch boarding the train, she had begun her tirade on potential marriage prospects. And she seemed to think that this would be the most valuable one he could possibly acquire.