chapter four

"YOU'RE GOING TO have to tell her, Moony

...."YOU'RE GOING TO have to tell her, Moony."

"Are you mental? We can't tell her, she'll have me kicked out before Halloween."

"Well she'll only find out on her own if you don't tell her."

Jackie was thoroughly fed up with waking up sporting a headache. She reached her hand around to figure out what exactly that ache was at the back of her head and her fingers were met with fresh bandages. She must have hit her head harder than she thought. Although, not hard enough to forget what she had seen.

Her eyes blearily opened as she took in her surroundings. She was in the hospital ward and was seemingly laying on a rather uncomfortable metal bed. Her eyes travelled down to the foot of the bed to find the source of the voices and she was met with the sight of Sirius Black and Remus Lupin having a heated little discussion.

"Don't tell me what? That you're an illegal Animagus who apparently went all feral mutt and mauled his best friend?" Jackie snapped.

Sirius' eyebrows shot up at the sound of her voice and he turned to face her glowering scowl. "Jackie! You're awake, how lovely to see you." He greeted in his most sugary sweet tone.

"Don't you dare try buttering me up Black. Tell me what's going on." She demanded, deepening her frown.

"You fell, banged your head. There's nothing more to tell." Interrupted Remus before Sirius had a chance to spill his secret. He was jittery and on edge at the thought of Slytherin's resident green girl finding out about his life-long secret.

"But luckily your knight in shining amour was there to nurse you back to health." Sirius cut in with a shit-eating grin. "Where's my prize?" He asked, tapping his lips with his fingers, obviously expecting a kiss for landing her in a hospital bed.

Jackie slipped her foot out from the covers and kicked him as hard as she could, hitting him in the thigh and soliciting a pained "Ow!" from his mouth. Huh, that fall must have weakened her a little. She was aiming for the crotch.