1. I NEED A BREAK

Welcome to my story I am Idhina Prabhu and I am 26 years old currently working in a world-famous restaurant called 'Traditions'.
I completed my BHM(Bachelor of Hotel Management) degree which is four years long and started working at the age of 23...
My birthday is one the 16th of June 1994.

I am currently very content with my job and my life and everything......

I started writing, in the new diary that I bought... "Idhina come here now!" I heard a scream from the kitchen and rushed towards it...

I open the door to find it clouded with smoke everywhere... "What's going on here?" I screamed... No response..... I immediately ran to the other side of the kitchen and started opening the windows, it was so hard due to all the smoke and also with the fact that I was not able to breathe...

After struggling for some time I was able to open a few windows and the smoke started to clear out. I ran around the kitchen to find half of the staff members collapsed who were finding it hard to move and breathe.

I tried to get all of them outside as soon as I could and got them seated outside. "Hey, guys what just happened in there?" I asked really worried for their lives...

"Nothing much Idhina just that someone wasn't careful enough and forgot to turn off the exhaust fan when they came in today" my peer spoke.

"God, you guys! Whoever is responsible for that make sure it does not happen again, okay? A little more time and the alarm would have gone out and we would have had our salaries cut due to that..... So please be careful from next time and make sure it does not happen again"

"YES MAAM!!!!!" they all cheered and went about their businesses...

Now, where was I? Ah right! I was writing a diary... God, can't I have one day without having to play superwoman? Like one normal day?

I am just exhausted and tired, I need a break! I thought staring into the diary where I had jotted down the first few letters of my life...

While in a trance my phone started ringing and I picked it up subconsciously. "Hello---" I started "IDHINA DARLING!!!!!!!" The speaker on the other side shouted almost making my ears bleed...

It was my mom.

"Hi ma, How are you? how is dad?"

"Fine fine we are good, what about you I read your message just now saying that you are applying for a leave is that right?"

"Yeah, I have applied. I need a break right now and I am missing you guys so I really wanna meet you!"

"Awwwww baby please come as soon as possible, we will be waiting for you"

"Thanks, ma, listen I gotta go now my shift is about to start, bye talk to ya later"

I cut the call and I started writing a few more point in the dairy.

Did I forget to mention that I love you dear diary? Well, I do. Oh and also I stay in Canada, Ottawa the capital city and have been working her----

"Idhina!!!!!" I heard another scream this time I don't know from where it came and I couldn't care less...

There we go again...

"Coming!!!" I screamed back.....

I looked at my diary, sighed and then shoved it inside my bag and threw it into the locker and went towards the kitchen while wearing my apron.

I need a break...

////////// TO BE CONTINUED//////////