21.ON THE OTHER SIDE

Authors note:

Note that the following chapter will be from Vikram's PoV... Hope you enjoy this chapter as a lot of things will be cleared from here on. Now on with the story...

🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒🍒

Last night I met Idhina after two whole years...

I don't know how to feel...

I wake up to see an empty bed.

Maria was again not to be seen.

This is how it has been for the past 2 years now. Our relationship is a complete failure...

We hardly see each other's faces anymore...

I toss around for some time and in flash, everything that happened in the past two years started coming back to me.

To keep it short,

When my mother called me on the last night before I left for South Korea and asked me to break up with Idhina, my entire world came crashing down...

When I reached South Korea my parents broke the news of MY restaurant being bought over by some powerful family in the South Korean Hospitality industry.

I was stricken with something I had not ever expected in my life... On asking my parents they said that the deal I just cracked a few hours back was because of this deal that my dad made while they were here...

I was still in shock when my father told me that it was no more my business. Again it hurts but what came next hurt the most.

My mother told me that if I wanted to stay alive and have a proper household and money and a respectful life I would have to marry the daughter of the head of the Korean family who just stole my dream.

I was shattered by the fact that I would have to break this to Idina and that I would have to marry a stranger.

But I had no choice. I thought within the time I would be able to recover my company and take things back but I was completely wrong, and by the time realized that it was too late to go back and I was stuck...

This was not something I could tell Idhina over the phone so I told everyone around me that the first thing I would do after going back to Canada would be to break things off with Idhina...

Well obviously that did not end well and we all know how that went...

Over the past year, my business has not been able to recover from the losses it suffered because of the change in management. My entire staff was changed and replaced by people I did not know. That's when something hit me. Traditions was never mine, to begin with.

It has and will always be my fathers and mothers. As long as they are alive they will control everything I do and venture into... I tried to completely cut ties with Maria but that too was a complete failure...

Within two years my entire dream had no value anymore and it wasn't mine anymore.

Yesterday when I saw Idhina inaugurate her restaurant it made me so proud that I was in tears...

I couldn't help but go and congratulate her on her success... Because after all the pain I gave her she deserves all the happiness in the world... Seeing her with Vishal made my blood boil but at the same time made me happy to see her smiling while she was with him...

As I left the place after listening to her speech a single line from her speech where she said she thought she had met the man of her life but maybe it wasn't... I was devastated and I was in pain and it hurt so much...

Just now thinking about it I was tearing up and the familiar feeling of pain crept into my heart when my phone buzzed which was strange when I never get any notifications because all are muted because I don't care about the world anymore...

I check the notification and what I saw surprised me. It was an article on Idhina. It said

Million seller, Best author and inspiration for the young generation and many more generations to come...

It also said that she would be giving an open book signing event day after tomorrow...

That was in two days...

All I could think was to read and finish reading the book within the next two days and go to the signing event because I had made up my mind on a lot of things...

Which included telling her a lot of things...

I was going to clear all misunderstandings and make her mine again.

Because I did not like that Vishal guy no matter what.

Her friend or not I cared a damn and I was determined on this...

His book arrived the next day and I was excited...

I sat down with a cup of hot tea and started reading the book...

Minutes passed, hours passed and I was so engrossed in reading the book that I had not moved from my place in nearly 5 hours...

The book had everything related to her life so far...

Her dreams, her ambitions and the breakdowns she has had, the pain she went through everything...

It was made into a book.

The way she expressed herself through it was mind-blowing...

She expressed her love for food and the dedication she had for making her dream come true...

She also had a section where she explained the entire process of her building her dream, from scratch...

After that came the interesting part more like the most beautiful part of the book.

Stories.

Childhood Stories related to food. Some might think of this as something very stupid and not cool but when you understand the meaning behind each of almost everything on her menu the significance it holds in the maker's heart, It surely will hit you different...

The day of the fan sign event

I entered the venue, It was a huge hall, more like an Amphitheater but a one which was closed...

The lights were all set and they had hundreds of seats and many many people...

She had made it big. And I was proud and so happy for her...

The security made all the people settle down as it was time for Idhina to make an entrance and the interview was about to start...

The host started talking and soon Idhina made her entrance...

She was looking as fabulous and elegant as ever...

She walked up and bowed to the audience and made her way towards the host and gave her a professional hug and a handshake...

That's when I knew.

The reason or the main factor my restaurant ran for such a long time without problems even when I was never there to look after it...

It was all because of her...

I was in tears...

As one tear rolled down my cheekbone and slithered its way down my neck our eyes met...

//////////TO BE CONTINUED//////////