15.CANCELATION

🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱

Its been almost a year since the last time we met... He immediately left for South Korea the day after the party... I have only seen him on video calls for the past so many months...

I realised how much I liked him only after he left... Canada to South Korea was far, and the time zones also did not match... But we still managed to keep our relationship stable and alive...

Today was the day when he was coming back after a year almost and I was super excited to see him...

I decorated the restaurant with the help of my staff and all of them gladly helped...

By 5 pm we had finished everything for the welcome party...

It was finally time for him to come...

We were just standing and talking when I saw Mr and Mrs Prabhu walk into the restaurant... I was so happy to see them, so I immediately went to them and gave them a bow...

Mrs Prabhu did not respond and just walked past me.....I stop her and ask her If I had done something wrong.....

All she did was grab my hand and stare at it...

"Remove it..." she said

"What?"

"Remove the ring Idhina..."

"But why should I?"

"Just remove it will you!!!!!"

She forcibly tried her best to remove it but was stopped by a firm hand on her wrist...

I look up to see Vikram...He hadn't aged a bit, still the same charming and handsome...
"Ma please don't make a scene in front of everyone...."

He said as she just scoffed and walked away...

"Hey what was that all about?" I asked him kinda worried...
"Idhina?"

"Yeah?"

"Remove it"

"Say what now, even you?"

"Dont make me force you, just remove it so that we can get this over with?"

"No, not till you explain what's going on...."

He did not answer... He just grabbed my hand and forced the ring out of my finger and shoved me aside...
I was shocked and hurt at the same time... As he walked away I grabbed his hand for him to stop... He just yanked his hand out of my grip and pushed me away...

What was happening?! Why was he behaving like this?!!!

He walked up to the stage and stood in front of the mic...Then came a girl walking in heels wearing an expensive dress showing off the money she had...

She came towards the stage and Vikram offered his hand to her, with a smile she accepted it and Vikram adjusted the mic and started speaking

🔊🗣🔊

"Good evening to one and all present here, I have a very important announcement to make...
As of today Idhina Prabhu and I are not engaged...

And I am will be getting married to this beautiful woman, Maria Kim..."

My entire world came crashing down...

He had cancelled our wedding without my consent and was now getting married to some random girl he never knew...

I was still in shock when he came towards me hand in hand with Maria... He dared to stand there in front of me and make her wear the ring... Which did not even fit her properly in the first place...

He gave me a cold look and said,
"It's for the best... And don't worry, it is to make things easier for you, we have been friends for a longer time than you can imagine... I am not getting married to a stranger..."

The audacity he had to come and say things like that to my face hurt more...

I was hurt but I did not show it...
Meher and Priyanka knew I was about to blow up from the anger...

All I could do was walk out of the restaurant with everyone looking and giving me looks...

It felt as if I played with him and he was the victim here and not me...

After I walked out of the restaurant I felt hands on either of my shoulders...
I turn around and as expected it was Meher and Priyanka...

"Hey what was that all about?" Meher asked...

"I don't know" I whispered...

They just asked me to leave and go home and rest... I just nodded and left...

I opened the door to my house and get inside... I close the door and collapse to the floor...

I burst out crying alone without anyone to comfort me...

I cried and cried endlessly feeling guilty thinking I had done something that made him take such a step...

It was around 8 pm when I decided to stop crying and do something about the situation rather than simply cry about it...

I take out my phone and dial Vikrams phone... He did not answer it...

I block his no and move on to do the next thing...

All I could think about was going as far away from him as possible... I opened my mailbox and started typing...

I typed a long email addressing Vikram personally and sent it to him...

I had resigned from my job.

Within 5 mins I had ended my 3-year-old job and my relationship had come to an end.....

//////////TO BE CONTINUED//////////