16.MARRIAGE PARTY

I had resigned from my job.

Within 5 mins I had ended my 3-year-old job and my relationship had come to an end.....

💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫💫

3 days after my break up I was still locked up in my house... I hadn't gone out and was not going to anytime soon...

Vikram and Maria had gotten married the same day they announced to the world that they would get married...

They had a small very secret court wedding and finished it off with minimal people...

It was 6 am the doorbell rang and I was half asleep... I opened the door to see a postman standing with a half drenched letter in hand...

I take the letter from him and he took off quickly as it had been raining cats and dogs since yesterday.....

I close the door the open the package...

I start reading and immediately I regret opening it...

It was an invite...

I could not believe what I was reading

I could not believe what I was reading... A party to celebrate their marriage? What a joke...

I was about to throw it into the bin when I felt like I saw something familiar on the card...

I read it again and see the date...
It was tomorrow... The 16th of June 2032...

It was my 27th birthday... And he knew it...

He knew it was my birthday... And yet he still---- just how much more was he going to hurt me?

At that, I started crying again and cried till dawn.....

It around 7 pm when I heard a knock on the door...

I opened it to see Vikram...

I immediately shut the door on his face and lock it...

"Idhina! Please just listen to me!"

What was left to listen now? His actions were crystal clear... There was no need for any justification...

"Idhina!"

He kept calling out but I did not respond, I just went and sat on my bed and slowly drifted towards dreamland...

16th June 2032.
The day of the marriage party...

I had made up my mind that I would go to the party...

Go, give them regards and best wishes and come back...

I got dressed and opened the door to see Vikram dressed up in his wedding suit I presumed...

I just locked the door and walked past him as if I did not see him... He tried to stop me but I just did not hesitate to slap his hand.....

I did not care if he was wronged if he was in pain..... I just did not care...