20. GRAND OPENING

Today was finally here...
The day I became independent...

The grand opening of MY Restaurant...

The gates open and I walk in with cameras flashing at me

Why were there cameras everywhere?!!
I figured that it was maybe because I was once related to Vikram...

Anyways today was my day and today was the day I spent years trying to make a reality...

The restaurant was big, some might think that you start with something small and then expand, but since I had the experience and the money I took the risk of not starting with something small...

Honestly, it was very overwhelming...
I was so nervous with all the high expectations that I kept looking here and there trying to avoid eye contact...

As I entered the main hall I saw Vishal standing there all decked up and looking amazingly handsome...

He walked towards me and extended his hand, which I gladly took and he wrapped it around his arm...

He walked me through the crowd which gave me the confidence boost that I needed...

We shared the property equally...

As in he owned just as much I did... Vishal once told me that he did not want me to go to the dogs alone if something bad happens and did not let me put all of my money in it instead put in his so that I did not have a huge burden on myself...

We had arranged the hall with a mic and large speakers...

Vishal had told me to speak before the meal started... He wanted me to introduce my restaurant to people...
He told me not to prepare anything beforehand and speak what comes to my mind because he felt that when I would talk on the spot it would have come from my heart and what I would be feeling at the moment...

And that's when people would connect with me...

He brought me to the front of the crowd and left me there to walk up to the mic and started speaking...

"Your attention please!!!" He spoke on the mic.
The entire hall fell silent, pin-drop silent...

"Thank you, So today is the day when a lot of things start afresh...

The beginning of a journey which I hope lasts long...

Taking this opportunity I would like to introduce the backbone of this magnificent restaurant... The inspiration for this massive collection of food and art...
Ms Idhina Prabhu.

Who is she? Where does she come from? What made her think of this magnificent experience of a journey through food?

Well to all that it's simple.

She wanted to make her dream as a kid come true... When you have the conviction and determination to make something you really want yours it actually comes naturally to you... Of course, you need to put in hard work and efforts but for those who are willing to put those efforts, their success comes to them as a gift, A reward for all those times they went through immense pain...

Now you might ask who I am. Who am I to talk things and introduce someone?

I am Vishal Kamath her business partner and today is the day I get to say something I probably have never told anyone...

Idhina, Today I am extremely proud of you... You always have had the acumen and business sense to do something so good...
And you are one of the most hardworking person I have met in a while...