Chapter 2

Granger, for Merlin's sake, put away that book. It's bloody morning, you crazy witch. Hermione lowly growled as the snapping voice from Malfoy entered her mind. Looking up from her Potions book that she had been studying, she briefly met his eyes at the Slytherin before they both looked away.

Unlike you, Malfoy, I do want to pass my exams. Taking a sip of her pumpkin juice she continued reading the pages, silently humming as she made notes here and then. Never said I didn't want to pass my exams. I, unlike you, at least study at a respectable hour like any normal person.

Hermione sighed. It was only their second day, and she had grown extremely tired of it. Last night she could barely fall asleep, hearing his frustrated thoughts about anything Pansy said or did. Mind you, she did not need to know the vocabulary Pansy possessed, and how she used it.

The morning bell announcing the start of their classes forced her to put away her books, shoving one last piece of toast in her mouth before getting up with the rest of her friends.

How dare she look at me. The unwanted voice protruded her mind once again and Hermione looked around her, trying to spot a certain blonde haired boy, but couldn't find one. What was he thinking about? Well well, she sure does look cute. It's too bad she's a Gryffindor. A slight disappointed slipped in the voice and Hermione softly groaned, not wanting to hear any of Malfoy's appreciative thoughts about girls.

Does she ever brush her hair? The slightest of a smirk could be heard through his voice, I wonder if she keeps any birds in there. Hermione squinted her eyes, knowing for sure that Malfoy must be somewhere behind her, and that the girl he was talking about was in fact her.

"Hey Weasley, where could I donate again? I'm always willing to offer a helping hand to the poor." Oh yes, he was right behind her. The trio stopped walking, and Hermione wheeled around angrily. There he was, his head help up high with the infamous nasty smirk tugging on his lips. "Normally I wouldn't, of course. But I'd be glad to make an exception for you." Malfoy went on, nearing their group.

Harry had to withhold Ron from doing anything, and Hermione had to restraint herself from hexing him on the spot. "The little money your family has is too much of a disgrace to this wizarding world."

Shut it, Malfoy. Hermione tried, even though she knew it was to no avail. She could say whatever, but she knew he would just continue. Nonetheless, it did get him momentarily silent as he turned to look at her, a threatening eyebrow raised as a scowled settled on his face. I don't take orders from a Mudblood.

Ouch. There he went again, throwing the M word in. In all honesty, she didn't know why he suddenly started once more. Since the beginning of the year he had been acting strange, even when he was looking for some trouble like now. It wasn't his usual self, and a more snarky and hurtful side was starting to appear.

It wasn't even until the low voice from behind said, "Lower your wand, Mr Weasley. Ten points from Gryffindor." that she finally snapped back to her senses and watched as Professor Snape stood behind Ron, a nasty smile tugging slightly on his lips as he deducted the points.

Seething, Ron lowered his wand and stormed inside the classroom, Harry following shortly. With one last glare at Malfoy, she, too, followed the boys inside and unpacked her bag, waiting for Professor Snape to start their Defence Against the Dark Arts class.

Hermione tapped her fingers on the desk in annoyance, rereading the same line for the umpteenth time, but still not being able to remember what she read. It took her everything to keep her frustration bottled inside, to not yell out loud and curse Malfoy's head off.

Looking around the library, she caught the stern look Madam Prince was throwing her way, and she immediately stopped tapping her fingers. Malfoy, for Merlin's sake, can you stop singing whatever song that is. In case you haven't noticed, I'm trying to study.