Chapter 31

Hermione smiled as she waited outside at Gringotts bank, having decided to meet up there with Draco three months after he had come back from France. It had been a quite long while in those three months. They hadn't had an opportunity to meet up anymore, so they had to rely on only their visions through their minds.

So, as the beginning of August hit and they would be back in Hogwarts in less than a month, they had decided to go get their supplies together, seeing this as a great opportunity to meet up before school would start.

"Hey there, stranger." A voice came from behind, close to her ear. Biting her lip, she wheeled around to see Draco with his hands in his pockets, his usual suit on. A lazy smirk hung on his lips, and Hermione couldn't help but let a grin form on her face. It was amazing that they had the ability to talk to each other and see each other through their minds, but nothing could compare to the real deal.

"Long time no see." Hermione joked, knowing fully well they had just been watching each other this morning. It had become quite a routine over the months to casually watch each other, start their morning routine together and it especially became a habit to stay within reach of objects that would give the other a reflection.

Eyeing him, she considered going in for a hug, but the way his hands were in his pockets would surely result in an awkward encounter. As if reading her thoughts – which a second later she stupidly realized he could – he took his hands out of his pockets and gave a chuckle.

Still feeling a bit embarrassed when it came down to physical contact, after all, they spent more time communicating by mind than they had ever done face to face, she cleared her throat awkwardly before deciding that after four months of dating she really shouldn't feel so awkward with him. Regardless of the lack of physical contact.

So she pushed those feelings aside, and immediately went in for a hug, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck. His arms all too soon snaked around her waist, and she let out a sigh of satisfaction as she inhaled his scent. Something that was still a bit unfamiliar to her, but all the same very comforting. It smelled different than when they had hugged at the war, but that was bound to happen.

This time, it had more of a cologne smell to it, yet as her face went more from his clothes to his skin, she could smell a scent that was entirely unique to him, one that she simply couldn't put into words.

Biting back a whine of protest as he forced her arms loose, she was soon shut up as he smugly smirked, leaning his head forward and capturing her lips without a doubt. Her hand made it to his cheek, and she embraced the softness underneath her fingertips, letting her other hand rest into his as their fingers intertwined.

Midway through the kiss he suddenly froze, and with a frown on her face she broke the kiss, about to ask what the problem was, until she listened. "..- not believe that the Hermione Granger would go for a Death Eater like him?" One witch whispered to a friend, and as soon as she saw Draco snapping his head to them, they quickly looked down and scurried away. Yet, those two weren't the only ones talking.

"It's disgusting, I had higher expectations of someone who helped win the war." This time another woman wasn't so embarrassed about her comment, and kept her voice at a normal volume. "It's a wonder that the Malfoys are still allowed to freely wander about. It's not a secret they joined You-Know-Who, now is it?" The other one replied in equal disgust as her friend.

Deciding that was enough, she averted her eyes and attention back at Draco. There he was, his usual wall back up again. No sign of emotions, and a clear, blank mind. Don't do this. Hermione sighed to herself, mad at the world for ruining their meet up. Heck, they didn't even know what they were talking about. Do what?