𝚔𝚘𝚕 𝚖𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗

𝙺𝚘𝚕 𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚠𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚔𝚒𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚟𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚊𝚐𝚘 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙺𝚘𝚕 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚙𝚜 𝚊𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚕𝚘𝚟𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚎

The sound of your laugh, the twinkle from your smile, it haunted the dreams of Kol Mikaelson every single night. It had been twenty years since he had lost you but he could still remember the feel of your touch, the burning gaze from your eyes, the warmth of your body. The guilt of your death tormented the youngest Mikaelson brother. You loved him and in return, he failed you. He failed to protect you, to keep you safe when you needed him most. 

****

𝚃𝚠𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚢-𝙵𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚈𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝙰𝚐𝚘

"I can take him out. I need you all to trust me." You said to the Mikaelson siblings. "Plus, Freya will be helping me. With our power combined, he'll be useless."

You were in New Orleans with the Original family. They needed all the help they could get and you were more than happy to help. A rather powerful witch named Davina had resurrected Mikael, the father of the Originals and he was after Klaus. Once he would be done with Klaus, there was no doubt that he'd go after his other children, most likely sparing Freya's life because he seemed to love her more than anyone. You wanted to help the Mikaelsons kill Mikael. You were dating Kol for just over a year now and during that time, you had grown close to his entire family, viewing them all as brothers and sisters. 

"You don't understand, y/n." Rebekah said. "Mikael is no ordinary vampire hunter."

"He's one of the first vampires, an Original, like us." Elijah said. 

"And no offence but I don't see how your little witchy powers will be of any use fo-" Klaus said before being interrupted by you using your magic to throw him against the wall, making him groan. You shot him an innocent smile as he glared at you. "Show off." He grumbled, making you chuckle. You had an odd relationship with Klaus, one that resembled a brother and sister always bickering over nothing. 

"Y/n, I'm not sure about this." Kol said, taking a hold of your hand. "I don't want him hurting you. I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to you. I love you too much."

You smiled and turned to face Kol, taking both his hands and squeezing them. "It's because I love you too that I want to help. I couldn't live with myself if anything happened to you and I wasn't there to help. Please, trust me." You said, gazing into his chocolate brown eyes. 

"Kol, I'll be right by y/n's side." Freya said. "You have nothing to worry about."

Kol looked at you and sighed before nodding. "Just be careful...please." He said.

"Of course." You said before giving him a kiss. 

****

About an hour later, you found yourself with the Mikaelsons at an old graveyard. A full on fight had blown out as soon as the Originals' eyes had landed on Mikael. Elijah, Kol, Rebekah and Klaus were all fighting Mikael together whilst you and Freya were preparing for a spell to create a white oak stake. Klaus had made sure to burn whatever remaining white oak there was several years ago so nobody could use it against him or his siblings but white oak was the only weapon that could kill Mikael. It took weeks but you and Freya had found a spell to create a white oak stake. It would take a lot of power from the both of you but there was no other choice. 

"Are you ready?" Freya asked. You nodded and took Freya's hands before you both began chanting your spell together. You both used a lot of power and all the strength you both had but several minutes later, you both opened your eyes and saw a white oak stake. 

"Thank god." You sighed in relief, not knowing that Mikael had spotted you. Whilst Freya had gone to her brothers to hand them the stake, Mikael had sped over to you, plunging his hand into your chest. You gasped in surprise, using whatever strength you had left to try and defend yourself but the spell you had performed earlier had really drained you. You looked at Kol who had realised what had happened.

"NO!" He yelled, speeding over to pull Mikael away but it was too late. Your heart was already in his hand and your lifeless body fell into Kol's arms. "NO! NO! NO!" Kol cried out. 

"You are pathetic. Look how weak this girl made you. You have stooped to the bastard's level." Mikael spat, only angering Kol. He took you away from him and Kol was going to make him pay. Klaus was holding the white oak stake and decided to hand it to Kol. He wanted his younger brother to avenge you. Klaus, Rebekah and Elijah had all lost people they had fallen in love with all because they were running from their father. They knew the pain that came with that loss. Kol needed to do this. Kol needed to be the one to kill Mikael. The siblings all went over to your body, almost protecting it from Mikael whilst Kol fought with Mikael, his rage and anger and grief and pain all motivating him to get rid of his bastard father once and for all. With one swift motion, Kol stuck the white oak stake into Mikael's heart and he died instantly.

****

𝙿𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝙳𝚊𝚢

Every day for the past twenty four years, Kol looked with Freya non stop for a spell that could resurrect you. All the Mikaelsons helped out however they could, gathering all the ingredients needed and after much searching, a spell was found from Esther's grimoire.

"Are you ready?" Freya asked. All of the Mikaelsons were in the compound, a large brown coffin on a table in front of them. Your body was inside. The Originals had given you a proper burial but now that the spell had been found and everything was ready, it had been dug up.

"Bring her back, Freya." Kol said. Freya took the hands of Kol and Elijah to channel them so she would have enough power to cast the spell. She closed her eyes and began chanting. After a few moments, the siblings felt a powerful breeze within the courtyard. The lights flickered rapidly and just when Kol was starting to lose hope, Freya stopped. The breeze stopped as did the lights. 

"Did it work?" Rebekah asked before they heard a knocking coming from inside the coffin. Klaus went over and lifted the lid of the coffin and everyone gasped when they saw you sit up and gasp. The spell worked. You were alive again. You looked to your side and squinted your eyes in confusion.

"Klaus?" You asked.

"Y/n?" You heard, making you snap your head to see Kol. He had tears in his eyes as well as a huge smile on his face.

"Kol." You said, unable to express your happiness. Kol rushed over to you and smashed his lips on yours, taking in your scent, your warmth. You were here. You were actually here, alive. You were back with the man you loved and that's all you needed.