𝚔𝚕𝚊𝚞𝚜 𝚖𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗

𝙺𝚕𝚊𝚞𝚜 𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙺𝚕𝚊𝚞𝚜 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚏𝚎𝚎𝚕 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛𝚜𝚎𝚕𝚏

You were at the Mikaelson compound with Rebekah. She was one of your best friends. It was because of Rebekah that you met your boyfriend, Klaus Mikaelson. When the two of you were first introduced, Klaus had in fact tried to feed on you, not knowing that you were a friend of Rebekah's. Luckily, Rebekah intervened and told Klaus everything. You both didn't get along at first but over time, you both couldn't help but fall for each other. Now a year later, the two of you were more in love than ever. 

You knew everything about the Mikaelsons. Rebekah had explained what they were after your first encounter with Klaus, that she, Elijah, Kol and Finn were the original vampires, Klaus, a vampire-werewolf hybrid and Freya, a witch. It shocked you at first and for quite a while, you avoided the Mikaelsons but they assured you they would never harm you. 

"Rebekah, I don't like that dress." You said. You were helping Rebekah pick a nice dress to wear for a date she had later on that night. 

"Hm, what about this one?" Rebekah asked, holding up a red dress. 

"Yes, you look sexy in red." You said, making Rebekah smile. 

"That means I have to go out and get some matching shoes. I'll see you in a bit." Rebekah said before using her vampire speed to leave. To be honest, you were a little jealous of the Mikaelsons. They were these amazing, powerful and strong creatures. They had super speed and strength, they had the highest reaction time. They could compel people to do whatever they wanted, they could listen to anything from miles away and you were just a simple human. That fact often made you question your relationship with Klaus. 

You went downstairs to the compound where you went to the kitchen to make yourself a snack. You were craving a peanut butter and jelly sandwich so you got some bread out, spread some peanut butter and then grabbed a new jar of jelly from the refrigerator. You tried opening the jar but it was quite difficult. 

"Need some help?" You heard, making you look up and see your boyfriend.

"Please." You said, making him chuckle and take the jar before opening it with ease.

"Thanks." You mumbled, taking the jar from him, not noticing the frown on his face.

"What's the matter?" Klaus asked as you put the jar on the counter.

"Nothing." You said.

"Y/n, you know you can tell me anything." Klaus said, resting his hand on your shoulder. You sighed and looked up into his bright blue eyes, your heart melting at the sight. He really was quite a sight. 

"Why me?" You asked.

"What do you mean?" Klaus asked.

"Why are you with me? You're Klaus Mikaelson, the original vampire-werewolf hybrid. You could have any girl you like. Hell, you could probably successfully win over a guy if it came down to it. You could date a beautiful vampire, someone who's strong like you, someone that can defend themselves. You could date a werewolf or a witch too. At least they're stronger than weak humans like me." You said. 

"You're not wrong." Klaus said. "I could be with anyone I want. I could be with a vampire, a witch or a werewolf. There are thousands out there but none of them compare to you. When I look at you, I don't see you as a mere human. I see you as someone who understands me, someone who loves me for me, someone who can get through to me no matter what. That's what made me fall in love with you, y/n. Yes, I could be with a vampire who has super strength but that strength is nothing compared to the strength of our love for each other. I love you for who you are. I love you as a human. If you ever turn, I'll love you as a vampire. I love that I can protect you, keep you safe. I love that you're not a part of the supernatural world. It's one of the many reasons I look forward to spending time with you. You make me feel...human. You make me feel normal and I love you for that."

Your heart pounded out of your chest as you tried to contain your happy tears. Klaus had pretty much melted your heart. You always had that same question burned in your mind, why was he with you but hearing that Klaus loved you just the way you were...it cleared all your doubts and insecurities. It made you love him even more.

"You're amazing." You smiled, making him smirk.

"I know I am." He said, making you laugh and hug him tight. 

"Don't ever doubt yourself again. I'll always love you. Promise me you'll never forget that." Klaus said before you pulled away from the hug.

"I promise." You smiled before kissing him.