𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚓𝚊𝚑 𝚖𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗

𝙴𝚕𝚒𝚓𝚊𝚑 𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚗𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚙 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚙 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜 - 𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝚃𝙷𝚁𝙴𝙴

You took a deep breath as you stood with Steven in front of the Mikaelson compound. With every step you took, you felt nervous. What if Cindy recognised you? What if the twins recognised you? Surely they would throw you out. You had a mask but was it enough?

"Everything is going to be fine." Steven whispered, as if he had read your mind. 

"I hope so." You said as you began to make your way inside. Meanwhile, Elijah was stood in the compound with a black and white suit as well as a black mask. Half of New Orleans were at this ball and he felt a sense of pride that he had managed to help raise so much money for charity. He looked around, observing each of his siblings and their partners to make sure they were behaving. Finn and Sage were having a drink near the table of champagne, Klaus and Caroline were on the dance floor, making out more than dancing but at least Klaus wasn't trying to murder someone. 

Kol and Davina were also on the dance floor but they were actually dancing. Rebekah had met a guy and was talking to him in the opposite side of the room from Klaus. Freya was on the balcony, watching the party commence. She spotted Elijah and began to make her way over. Hope was with Landon. She was having a snack and Landon was just gazing lovingly at her. Elijah sighed. He remembered when he used to just gaze at Hayley whenever she did odd little things. 

"I see you're taking your job at monitoring us very seriously." Freya said as she finally made it to Elijah. 

"I thank the heavens that everyone has matured, even if it has taken them hundreds of years." Elijah said.

"So, I should be glad that I missed out on events with the family for almost a thousand years?" Freya chuckled.

"Indeed you should. Finn and Kol would be daggered, Rebekah would waste no opportunity to talk to a man and find love and Niklaus would murder them the first chance he got. He would also snack on the help quite a bit and not worry about revealing his true nature to the humans." Elijah explained. 

"And you?" Freya asked. 

"Chaperoning. Monitoring. The breaker up of arguments. Also having to compel the humans to forget anything supernatural they saw." Elijah shrugged before freezing in his spot. He felt the hairs on the back of his neck rise and his stomach begin to tingle. It was as if Elijah had seen a ghost.

"Elijah, what's wrong?" Freya asked, seeing Elijah's pale face. Elijah didn't know why but he felt the need to turn around, like he was meant to see something...or someone. And so he did. He turned around slowly, watching as all the other guests, including his siblings, his sister in laws and his niece also turning around, all looking in the same direction. Elijah felt his heart stop beating when his eyes landed on a woman in red. She looked gorgeous. Her brunette hair was curled and rested lightly on her shoulders, her lips matched the colour of her dress and her cheeks were a soft pink. Elijah noticed however that the mysterious woman was accompanied by a man. 

"Elijah, ask her to dance." Freya said. 

"She's already with someone." Elijah said. What was he thinking? Why should he dance with her? He would only be setting himself up to get hurt again.

"Why is everyone looking at us?" You whispered to Steven.

"I have no idea." Steven whispered back before you were both approached by a blonde woman in a mask.

"Welcome to our party." The woman said.

"Thank you. Your home is beautiful." You said as you looked around. The place was decorated beautifully with lights and streamers. "This is my brother, Steven."

"Hi, you look...very beautiful." Steven said. You smirked when you saw his cheeks turn pink. He clearly liked this woman and by the looks of it, the woman liked Steven too. She was blushing and avoiding eye contact.

"T-thank you. I'm Freya." She said.

"Would you like to dance, Freya?" Steven asked.

"I'd love to." Freya said. Steven left with Freya, leaving you by the entrance. Just as you were about to walk away, you noticed a man pushing past the crowd of guests. When the man finally made it in front of you, you gasped. Your heart fluttered and your stomach tingled. This man was very good looking. He seemed like the tall, dark and handsome type and you really liked that.

"I must ask you to dance with me." The man asked. Damn, even his voice was deep and rough. You couldn't help but smile before nodding, placing your hand in his. Both yourself and the mystery man gasped when you felt a tiny spark. You allowed the man to escort you to the dance floor and that's when you noticed your step mother and step sisters. At first, you were worried they had recognised you but they seemed to have the same reaction as the rest of the guests. 

When you arrived on the dance floor with the man, the music started and most of the couples began dancing. "My name is Elijah." The man said.

"I'm y/n." You replied, unable to break eye contact. His eyes were a sparkly brown that were hypnotising. 

"That is a beautiful name. I don't think I have seen you around before." Elijah said.

"I don't really leave the house much." You said. 

"That's a shame. I'm sure I would have noticed you many a moon if you did." Elijah said, making you blush slightly.

"Thank you. I don't have the privilege of enjoying my life though. I snuck here with my brother." You said.

"Whatever do you mean?" Elijah asked. You decided to tell Elijah your story and watched as his expression changed dramatically. 

"I've learned to live with my lifestyle now. At least I have a roof over my head." You said.

"I think I ought to have a word with this Cindy." Elijah said.

"You can't. She would never listen." You said.

"She would listen to a Mikaelson or she would find herself leaving the city with her bags packed." Elijah said, making you gasp.

"Wait, you're a Mikaelson?" You asked in shock.

"You didn't know that when I said my name?" Elijah said with a small smile before twirling you.

"I knew of your family but I didn't know your names. Are you one of the married ones? Who has the teenage kid?" You asked.

"I'm not married. Finn and Niklaus are and Hope is Niklaus' daughter, my niece." Elijah said.

"Oh, I see. I heard a lot about your family, about how powerful you all are." You said.

"Which is why your step mother will listen to everything I tell her. I think you should stay here." Elijah said.

"No, I couldn't. I already denied my brother of staying with him." You said.

"I think your brother will be here for a while." Elijah said, motioning to Freya and Steven who had pulled away from a kiss before being confronted by an angry Klaus. "If Niklaus hasn't killed him by then."

"Are you sure that'll be okay?" You asked.

"I'd rather enjoy your presence." Elijah smiled, making you melt inside.

"Then....I would love to stay." You said before you noticed Elijah leaning down and before you knew it, his lips met yours in a soft but fiery kiss.