𝚔𝚘𝚕 𝚖𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗

𝙺𝚘𝚕 𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙺𝚘𝚕 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚘𝚗𝚕𝚢 𝚛𝚎𝚌𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚢 𝚋𝚛𝚘𝚔𝚎𝚗 𝚞𝚙 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚋𝚘𝚝𝚑 𝚜𝚎𝚎 𝚎𝚊𝚌𝚑 𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚏𝚘𝚛 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚏𝚒𝚛𝚜𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚊𝚝 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙶𝚛𝚒𝚕𝚕

"Come on, y/n. You hadn't stepped out of your house in over a week." Caroline said as she dragged you into the grill.

"Because I didn't feel like going anywhere." You mumbled. It was true. You really hadn't left your house because you had recently had your heart broken by someone you really loved, the original vampire, Kol Mikaelson. You and Kol first met at the Mikaelson ball that was held by Esther. It was love at first sight. As soon as Kol's eyes landed on you, he knew he wanted you, he needed you. You both got to talking and just a few days after Esther and Finn tried to kill the other Mikaelson brothers, you both admitted your feelings for each other. 

Eventually, you both left town together and everything was going well. You both fell for each other at a rapid rate, wanting nothing more than to love and care for the other. However, all that was ruined with just one argument. Kol Mikaelson was known as the most psychotic and the most manic out of all of the Mikaelson brothers and being with you didn't seem to stop him from behaving so. Even though he had never laid a finger on you, it didn't stop Kol from killing and torturing other innocent people. You understood that he was a vampire and that he needed blood to survive but you knew that there were others ways to feed. You being a vampire yourself, you would often feed and then compel the person to forget. 

You confronted Kol about his feeding techniques and he became incredibly defensive. You tried your hardest to control him, to help him when it came to feeding and to hold back on the torture. Nothing worked. Tired of seeing Kol coming home soaked in blood every day, you left him and returned to Mystic Falls. There, you were comforted by Caroline, Elena and Bonnie and after a week, they managed to drag you out of bed and into the outside world.

"I really don't wanna be here." You said as all three girls sat with you in a booth.

"Well, too bad. You're here now." Caroline said.

"Yeah, the change of scenery will make you feel better." Elena said.

"Maybe...I was too hard on Kol. I should call him." You said, going to grab your phone when Bonnie stopped you.

"No, this is all Kol's fault. You tried to help him, convince him to do the right thing and if he doesn't want to listen to you, he's just not worth it, y/n." Bonnie said, making you sigh. You couldn't even cry anymore. You cried all week and now, it just felt like you had run out of tears. 

"I thought he loved me." You whispered.

"We're so sorry." Elena said, squeezing your hand.

"Let's get you a milkshake. That'll help you feel better." Caroline said, going over to the bar to talk to Matt. 

"Um...I'm gonna go to the bathroom real quick." You said. Bonnie and Elena nodded and let you go. As soon as you entered the bathroom stall, you immediately burst into tears. You were carrying so much pain and hurt in your heart. You missed Kol so much. His hugs, his kisses, the way he told you he loved you any time he could. You missed waking up and seeing him sleeping next to you. You missed how he would touch you and make you feel like the most special girl in the world. What made you feel the worst was you missed how Kol made you laugh. Whenever you were feeling down, he never failed to put a smile on your face. Now, all of that was gone. 

****

"Kol, where are my brownies?" You asked as you looked in the refrigerator. 

"Well, last night, I saw a bear in the kitchen. It was really big. I saw it go into the fridge and eat all the brownies." Kol said. "I would've fought it off but I mean, it was a bear."

"Hmm, okay." You said, deciding to go along with his very obvious lie. "Did this bear happen to have, I don't know, brown hair, brown eyes, a sexy accent?"

"Do you really think there's a new bear species about?" Kol asked, making you smirk and wrap your arms around his neck.

"I don't know. You tell me." You asked as you leaned in closer to him.

"Well, that bear is madly in love with you." Kol smiled.

"Is he?" You asked.

"He really is."

"Well, that's great because I am madly in love with that bear too." You said before giving him a kiss.

****

You quickly wiped your tears and came out of the bathroom stall, going over to the mirror and fixing your face. When you were done, you came out of the bathroom and felt your heart skip a beat when you saw Kol talking to Elena, Caroline and Bonnie.

"Just tell me where she is, please." Kol said.

"You hurt her, Kol." Bonnie said.

"I just want to-" Kol said before stopping when she saw you standing in the distance. "Y/n."

It had been a little over a week since you and Kol broke up and seeing him for the first time since then, you felt numb. Not knowing what to do, you used your vampire speed to quickly leave the grill.