𝚎𝚕𝚒𝚓𝚊𝚑 𝚖𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗

𝙴𝚕𝚒𝚓𝚊𝚑 𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗

𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚜𝚗𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚘 𝚘𝚗𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝙼𝚒𝚔𝚊𝚎𝚕𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝚏𝚊𝚖𝚘𝚞𝚜 𝚖𝚊𝚜𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚛𝚊𝚍𝚎 𝚋𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚜 𝚋𝚎𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚍 𝚢𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚙 𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚙 𝚜𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚎𝚛'𝚜 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔𝚜 - 𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃 𝙾𝙽𝙴

𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟿
𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙾𝚛𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚗𝚜

"Y/n!!! Fix the lace on my dress." Lilian called out. 

"No, I called y/n first to polish my shoes." Lilian's twin sister, Lucy shouted. You sighed and went over to Lucy to polish her heels. Lilian and Lucy were your step twin sisters. You obviously weren't very fond of them and the feeling was mutual. When you were only four years old and your older brother was six, your mother had unfortunately passed away. For over a year, it was you, your brother and your loving father until one day, he fell in love and married another woman, Cindy. As soon as Cindy and her daughters had stepped into the house, you and your brother both knew that they were going to be a problem. 

Cindy was horrible to you but not as much to your brother, Steven. The abuse was not so bad until your father had passed away, leaving you and Steven with Cindy and her two daughters. You were more than grateful that you had Steven by your side because you had no idea how you would have coped without him around. Fast forward many years later, you were now twenty three and Steven was twenty five. He had been to collage and graduated before getting a good job and you were stuck at home, as a personal maid to Cindy and her daughters. Steven did whatever he could to help you out but working in a different state altogether made it difficult for him. He wanted you to move to New York and stay with him but you declined. The house you stayed in, it belonged to your parents, the loving parents who saw their two children as their entire world. There was no way you were going to leave it in the hands of Cindy. Who knew what she would do to the house?

"Y/n?! Get over here and adjust my beading!" Cindy called out, making you sigh and brush your brunette hair out of the way. Cindy, Lilian and Lucy were getting ready to attend a rather prestigious masquerade ball being hosted by the Mikaelson family. It was the ball of the year. Everyone in New Orleans was talking about it and was planning to attend, everyone, that is, except for you. You had heard of the Mikaelson family. You didn't know much about them except that they were seemingly the most powerful and richest family in New Orleans. You knew the family consisted of four brothers, two sisters, two wives and a teenage girl. The Mikaelsons were rumoured to have donated to every charity in New Orleans, rumoured to have anything that their heart desired with a flick of a wrist, rumoured to have very famous and powerful connections. You couldn't even imagine what it must be like being a part of that family. Having freedom, power, money. Too bad you weren't a Mikaelson. 

After making all the necessary adjustments on all the dresses, Cindy, Lucy and Lilian were ready to go. Just before walking out of the door, it opened and Steven walked inside, making you gasp and smile.

"Steven, oh my god." You smiled, hugging him tight.

"How are you, y/n?" He asked, hugging you back before pulling away.

"Well, I could be better. I was getting Cindy and the girls ready for the Mikaelsons' masquerade ball." You said. Steven's eyes drifted to the three woman before looking at you and sighing. 

"What about you?" He asked.

"What about me?" You asked.

"Where's your dress?" Steven asked.

"She's not going. She has too many chores to get done." Cindy said to Steven. "Come along, girls. We'll be late."

Cindy left the house with Lilian and Lucy, leaving only you and Steven. "You hungry?" You asked Steven.

"No, I'm not hungry. Y/n, I can't watch this anymore. You were not born to be Cindy and the twins' personal maid. Do you think Mom or Dad would want to see you like this?" Steven asked.

"I don't have a choice, Steven. Mom and Dad aren't here anymore. They're gone. I can't leave this house. We were born in this house, we grew up in this house. This house is all we have left of our parents." You said. "I know you're concerned but I'm fine. I get a few odd chores done."

"Well, not tonight." Steven said.

"What do you mean?"

"Tonight, we are going to that masquerade." Steven said. 

"What? No, we're not." You said.

"Yes, we are. Think about it. It's a masquerade ball. No one will recognise you, not even Cindy and the twins. You and I can enjoy ourselves at this prestigious ball." Steven said.

"I really don't know about this." You said.

"I'm gonna show you something." Steven said, linking his arm in yours and taking you to the guest bedroom.

"What are you doing?" You asked. Steven said nothing. When you both entered the room, Steven went over to the closet and opened it before pulling a rather large box from the top shelf. He set the box down on the bed and took the lid off, revealing a beautiful deep, red dress. "Wow." You gasped.

"This dress was Mom's

"This dress was Mom's. Dad had it specially made for her for their first anniversary in Paris. When Mom passed, Dad told me to hide this dress and to give it to you for a special occasion. I think now is the time, y/n." Steven said as you gazed at the dress. It really was beautiful. The next words that you said whilst picking up the dress were the words that would change your life forever.

"I am so going to regret this."

𝚃𝙾 𝙱𝙴 𝙲𝙾𝙽𝚃𝙸𝙽𝚄𝙴𝙳...