Memes (Part 1)

The air wasn't as tense as it was before. Idle chatter filled the air as people held meaningless conversations to fill the silence People chatted as the timer slowly made its way down to 0. It seemed to be a routine at this point to the people there. Mic chatted to Midnight about the recent drama they had seen going on as of late. Aizawa tried his best to ignore them. (It didnt work)

Toga was having a one sided conversation with Dabi, as the man just listened to what she had to say absentmindedly. He was pretty much used to it at this point. Everyone in the league was. They all had their different things about them that you got used to over time. It was very much like how Midoriya's classmates didn't even notice that Midoriya was muttering most of the time. Except of course Bakugou, who took every chance he could get to yell at the poor boy.

The league was like a family. They got used to Toga's senseless chatter, and hardly even asked for Dabi's personal information anymore, which he was very grateful of. They treated to random hands on the counter or floor like it belonged there, knowing full well that their leader would find it soon, and that this was normal. For them at least.

They didn't seem to mind Twice's way of speaking, and just went along with the conversation. Toga especially liked listening to Twice, because he would listen to her senseless rambles about blood or Izuku or some other random thing that she wanted to talk about.

It was better than dealing with wherever they came from anyways.

The dekusquad chatted within themselves, with Shinsou sitting on the floor next to him, with Eri in his lap. She was looking up excitedly at Midoriya with wide, curious eyes. She admired the kid a lot. From the moment he saved her, she put all of her trust into him and Mirio. After formally meeting Aizawa, she started to trust him more and more as well. When she was introduced to Mic, she had been scared at first, but once she got used to the loud man, she couldn't help but give a small smile when he came around.

Aizawa told her that they were going to adopt her, and she got to meet Shinsou. He was very quiet, and looked a bit sad, but when she hugged him (that's what Deku did when she was sad, and she thought it might help), he hesitantly wrapped his and around her and held on tight. She gave him a smile when they broke apart, and he returned the gesture, though his smile sorta reminded her of Aizawa. They did look alike.

By the time the timer went down, almost everyone was paying attention to the screen again. Eveyone was just as wary on what they would be shown as they were when they first got there. Of course, it seened to go in a pattern of showing something that wasn't so... good, to something that seemed to make them cheer up from the last reaction. That meant that it was a mystery to what kind of content they would see next.

Todoroki was both excited and fearful of what they will be reacting to next. Many things had already been exposed, and he wasn't excited to think that his past would be too. He didn't exactly want everyone in his class to know that the reason he's afraid of tea kettles is becuase of his mother, or why he hates his father so much. They weren't really the best memories he had.

When the screen finally reached zero, todoroki stared at it waiting to see if he was the next victim, but when the screen finally loaded the next thing they would be reacting to, Todoroki was just filled with confusion. He only had one thought

'What the h*** is a meme?'

"Memes."

Todorki may not be sure what these were, but several of his classmates sure did. Kaminari especially was seeming to be excited. He whooped and stood up to high-five Mina, who were both then yelled at by Bakugou to, and I quote, 'sit down so we can get this over with'. They did as they were told, but were practically vibrating in their seats.