Lunch and explanations

(AN- welcome to the trainwreck that is Bakugou and Midoriya!

TW- referencing past bullying, suicide baiting, scars, talk of suicide and mention of abuse.

This chapter received major editing as of October 3rd, 2023)

Walking into the cafeteria, there were a bunch of different colored pillows sat on the floor in a circle. There was just enough to fit everyone. In front of each pillow, sat a very small table, each with a piece of paper and a pencil. The table was just high enough that you could sit on the pillow, and it be at a normal height. By the looks of it, it was adjustable as well.

The room itself looked very interesting. The walls were painted as if ink spilled. It was black and white being almost mixed together. The lights above were simple hanging lights. The floor was tiled.

Since there were no name tags, the people who came in first just stood there awkwardly, not knowing were to sit. When Aizawa walked into the room, he sat on the only black pillow, and Eri, Yamada, Shinsou, and Nemuri sat next to him. The teachers, principle, and other heroes filled in on Aizawa's left, and Midoriya filled in next to Shinsou and Eri on his right.

Midoriya's friends filled in next to him, and the rest of the class followed. Inko and Mitsuki sat next to the teachers. The league made their way to the remaining seats. They happened to be between Inko and Bakugou. The 'Bakusquad' sat near the 'Dekusquad', because they still didn't know how to feel about what they had discovered. Toga sat next to Inko and began asking a bunch of questions about Midoriya. Twice, Shigaraki, and Dabi filled in next to her in that order.

A few people started writing down what they wanted to eat. Midoriya of course had Katsudon, and Todoroki had chicken nuggets. A few people laughed at that, and Kaminari let out a 'I knew it'. Ashido sighed and handed him 500¥ (about 4.75 American dollars/3.91 euros). In a few minutes everyone had their food in front of them and began to eat. Small conversations were held between people. It was peaceful, even with the league there. People chatted and ate their food in bliss.

In a mere 20 minutes, about everyone was done, or close to done with their food. No one really knew what to do, so they just sat there and talked.

Aizawa was the first to bring it up.

"Alright everyone," he started, getting everyone's attention, "we need to talk about some of the things that we saw in there. Even if we don't want to," he looked at Midoriya and Bakugou, "it is necessary."

"This is true! I feel it should be addressed now as to not cause more problems in the future! Could everyone besides the teachers, parents, and the parties involved leave the cafeteria?" Nedzu said. 

Everyone started to leave, although a few begrudgingly. Almost everyone was filtered out when Iida spoke through the silence.

"Sensei! I wish to stay!" Iida shouted. "Midoriya supported me in times where I was in need. He risked his life for me and showed me what true friendship was like. I am deeply in his debt and will be until I die, and I don't believe I've fully paid that gratitude back to him, and so I'd like to support him through this."

Midoriya stared at him in awe, mouth opening and closing as if he wanted to say something but didn't know what. 

Aizawa was about to intervene and tell Iida he couldn't stay when Uraraka spoke up as well. 

"Me too! Deku saved my life the first day he met me. He is one of my best friends and I'm not going to leave him behind in a time of need! What kind of hero would I be if I did? What kind of friend? I won't let him suffer alone!" she said proudly, coming to stand by Iida. Todoroki and Asui also stood next to them both, silent, but not without any meaning to it.