Wolf Trainer- chapter 3

Chapter 3: The Spooks

After I finished eating, then I headed back out. I looked around for him as I entered the woods. But, as I looked, I couldn't find Anjoo. Even as I reached our spot he was nowhere in sight. But, I still kept looking. I was sure I barely knew him, but I could tell he wanted me with him. He wouldn't say he would meet me here and then bail on me.

I turned in circles looking around to find him as the leaves crunched under my feet. Then, I heard rustling. Figuring it was him I stood still. The noise came from the direction of the beggining of the woods. ''Hello... Anjoo, are you there?'' I called out. I figured if it was him he would of just came out instead of sneaking up on me. I heard a low grunt, then a single leaf crunch. My heart started racing. ''What's going on? Who's there?'' I said in a worried voice.

''Hello.'' I heard a low rumble call out. It sounded like my boyfriend's voice, deep and scratchy sometimes. This was not Anjoo, and if it wasn't then who was it. I stood as still as I could and then I barely heard the low mumble of the same voice say ''Come on get ready. Accailia, hurry.''

''Who's that? You aren't Anjoo. What have you done with him? And what are you doing now?'' The words came out quickly but where I stuttered. As I waited and waited, it grew more silent. ''Hello. Answer Me!'' I said more loudly than I had talked before.

''NOW!'' I heard the voice shout again.

I looked to my left, nothing. Then quickly I turned my head to the right. I screamed. The sun blaring in my eyes. Until from the left a shape was in the air, blocking the sun. I opened my eyes and looked. Two wolves were fighting, one of them was Anjoo. The other, unknown.

''ANJOO!'' I screamed out but not where my mom would hear. I started glancing around quickly for a weapon. And then soon I saw a large stick and picked it up. The unknown wolf was on top so I went for a side shot.

''KEARNEY!'' I heard a girls voice growled out. Then another wolf jumped out and caught the stick before I could even touch the unknown wolf, who's named seemed to be Kearney.

I jumped back just quick enough but the girl wolf turned right around and grabbed the stick. I looked over at Anjoo, I could still see them wrestling. I couldn't tell who was winning and who was losing.Then the thought of my brother flashed in my head. We was walking down a street when a gang came up to us. They tried to grab me but my brother, Gary, attacked them first. He told me to run, so I did until I hid in a tree. I watched then beat him to death. A single tear rolled down my eye.

''ANJOO!'' I said as I saw the other wolf scratch his belly. ''NOOO!'' I screamed afterwards. Fury rose in me. I couldn't have done anything when I was younger except scream, but now I was going to do something to save my friend.

My grip tightened and then I slung the girl wolf off, then I quickly bounced back and struck Kearney on the back, as hard as I could. He rolled off Anjoo, he was weakened. A lot. The she wolf attacked me, but I swung at her as I dodged, and struck her front paws. By doing so she landed, but stumbled into the creek. Quickly she ran out, then took a look a Anjoo and Kearney. She changed directions, she was going to attack Anjoo from behind! I ran in Anjoo's direction with the stick ready, but The girl wolf was faster. ''Look out Anjoo, behind you!'' I called out.

Before he could even look he jumped to the side, but not far enough. The she wolf scraped his side and a little blood started to trickle out. ''ANJOO!'' I said again. Anjoo turned towards her and bit the fur on her side. She yelped as she pulled back with blood stained in place. I looked past them and saw Kearney getting up. ''Jamee, come on, NOW!'' He said as he started to limp away. She ran beside him and they ran off together.

''Anjoo, are you OK?'' My voice trembled as tears rolled down my face.

''Yea are you?'' He replied licking his cut.

I saw a drop of blood fall from under his belly. ''Anjoo you are bleeding!'' I exclaimed.

''I will be OK.'' He laid down and then let out a long moan.

''Sure?'' I asked him.

He replied, ''Yes.''

The cuts weren't to bad, so I let him take care of them. Soon he sat back up and stared at me.

''What? And before you answer that tell me, who were they. We humans have never seen any wolves here.'' I said staring back.

''The spooks. They are only two wolves, thank goodness. And more wolves have been expanding. I t isn't safe for you to be back in here. Stay in your home.'' He said looking down.

''No, I need you. I'm OK, if anything happens, then it happens. I'll be fine, I want to keep seeing you.'' I complained.

''Fine, but I might not always be strong enough to defeat predators.'' He said with a worried voice.

''I'll be fine. And you never told me why you was staring at me.'' I said curiously.

''Oh. I saw you stand still in a daze and the all of a sudden you looked so angry and it seemed as though you had grew stronger in a few seconds.'' He said with his head cocked.

''Oh yea, well I will explain that to you now.'' I said. Then I explained the story of how my brother was killed and I didn't and couldn't do anything. And that I had to save him.

''Really? I'm sorry.'' He said looking into my eyes again.

''You didn't do a thing.'' I said looking at his second cut on his side.

''Still. I wished I was not shunned by every one in my old pack, including my Minna and my Abbott.'' He said with a tear falling from his chin onto a golden leaf.

''Minna? Abbott?'' I said confused.

''It's wolf language, sorry. Minna means mother and Abbott means father. So I was shunned by my mother and father.'' He said with another tear falling from his chin, this time onto a dark red leaf.

''I'm sorry and Wolf language?'' The words even made it sound as though I was confused rather than my voice.