Wolf Trainer- Chapter 18

Chapter 18: The Whole Truth

We walked as far as we could before Yolur practically collapsed against a black berry bush. Each of us separated into groups, the couples sticking together. Inja and I walked the furthest from the rest, wanting the privacy most. "Look, about what I said earlier about my old life-" I began, but it seemed as though Inja wasn't in need of excuses.

"There's no need to explain yourself, Samantha. You had a life before you ran away with this pack, it's just a fact of being born human and then going into a wolf pack."

"So... That's it? You understand and don't care?"

"Exactly," He smiled, nudging my ear with his noise softly. When he pulled away, we caught each other's eyes. His expression was soft and passionate, and I knew mine had to be happy. We stared into each others eyes for a long while before Inja started to snuggle against me. But I soon realized he wasn't just snuggling. He was also rubbing against my fur.

Thinking about it, I would have found this awkward as a human. I was a wolf, though, and it turned me on more than anything else could... Which scared me. Eventually, one thing led to another. Long story of pleasures and happiness explained short, I had an amazing night.

--

I woke up feeling completely refreshed. Inja was still snoozing when I stretched. Everyone else was up, huddled in a small group.

"I'm just sick and tired of getting taken and beaten. It's just a good thing that Samantha is here, she's gotten us out of all kinds of trouble." A voice, I assumed to be Luna's, sounded.

"That still doesn't mean it's a good thing to get captured. Our pack is too small!" Another voice, Dioski, exclaimed.

I peered around the bush that was hiding me, listening to their conversation a bit longer. Sarah, with a serious, thoughtful face, was sitting down, staring at the ground. Anjoo's eyes quickly flickered from wolf to wolf as they spoke. More and more of the wolves began to speak up, talking all at once. Eventually, every wolf, Sarah and Anjoo excluded, were debating a solution.

"Bynuck!" Anjoo jerked his head up, holding his chin high. Everyone froze at his sudden snap, staring at him with surprise and confusion.

Walking away from the bush and towards the pack, I said, "Bynuck, I assume, is 'hush' in old wolf language."

Anjoo's eyes twinkled as he denied himself of a smile. "Actually, it's a bit more harsh of a word than "hush.''

I smiled at once, shaking my head in a humor-filled way. "Of course it is." Smiling, I looked away from Anjoo, my eyes landing on Sarah. She looked stunned, confused even. Her eyes lay on Anjoo, and a sudden churning in my stomach took place.

Kuteen stepped away from Dioski's side, staring at Anjoo with bewilderment too. My eyes swept over the rest of Sarah's siblings. They were all surprised. The rest of them, not kin to Sarah, held mystified gazes on the siblings. It was obvious that they had no idea what was going on.

"Is that really old wolf language?" Kuteen stared at Anjoo impatiently, awaiting an immediate answer.

"Yes," Anjoo responded slowly, becoming aware of the unusual gazes from the others.

"Sarah," Kuteen switched his eyes to her, wanting her attention. Her eyes parted from Anjoo and went to Kuteen.

With a grunt, Sarah closed her eyes and shook her head. "It doesn't matter," She whispered.

"Sarah, how could you say such a-" Kuteen rambled quickly, but Sarah's sharp growl cut him off.

"I said it, that's how!"