Wolf Trainer - Chapter 15

Chapter 15: I thought I was the only one like me

"Okay, let me find a way to begin," Inja looked upwards toward the starry sky as he thought. He mumbled awkwardly to himself as his ears constantly twitched. He breathed in a long breath loudly, and let it go quietly. "Urane and I are human. Then there is Anjoo and Sarah. Luna was a lone wolf and the rest are brother and sister," He whispered to himself.

My thoughts still raced as I waited impatiently to hear his story. Finally, he began to speak. Intensely and carefully I began to hear each word he spoke.

"One day when I was a baby... A human baby, my mother and father were going hunting. Sarah's father attacked my mother and father for intruding on there land while trying to kill his pack at the same time. The mother had escaped, wounded though, and found her way back to me. She grabbed a gun and shot at the attacking wolf, but he got to her before she could wound him."

By now I had picked my head back up and was looking sorrowful towards Inja. I felt sorry for him and slightly realized why it was hard for him to tell his story.

He continued, "I was there while she was attacked. Sarah's father knew I would die, so he took me. Now, the really secretive part comes. Sarah has a gift from her father. The first born child of a Transitope becomes the beholder of great and unique power. Sarah's father was a Transitope and she was the first born. She has powers to turn humans into wolves, wolves into humans, and so much more I don't know of. But, she can only change wolves or humans if they need or want to."

"Inja. Let me say one thing. I'm sorry. Sorry for being rude before you said this. It must be painful and hard to say all of this to me. To anyone really. Forgive me please."

Inja nodded his head, "Forgiven."

"I don't mind that you never told me until now. Thank you for sharing though."

Inja smiled and I nodded from him to continue. So, he began again, "I needed to be wolf or I would die in the open, wooded area, so her father changed me. I cannot change human, no one can once they've changed."

"What!? Sarah said I could, I need too!" I quickly jumped up.

"Except you. You can because God helped Sarah to help you. She told everyone a little story of her own, everyone except you. I'll be getting to that in a moment."

"Oh," I sat down and blushed.

"Okay, where was I? Oh, yes. No one can change... Except you... Urane had the same story, at least mostly. His parents were seen drowning and Sarah's father sniffed out their territory. They found Urane and saved him too. Thing is, if a Transitope uses their powers to change a human into a wolf  then they become a Transitope. But not the same with turning a wolf into a human."

"Wait, so that means we are..."

"Me and you both are like Sarah and her father," Inja smiled.

"Once changed, you cannot be changed back, right?"

"Wrong, one who is like Sarah, a transitope bloodline actually can change you no matter what."

"Transiptope bloodline?" I repeated in confusion.

"She is a direct decendent of the first Transitope." Inja answered fluently.

"Wouldn't everyone that was like her be a direct bloodline to the orignal one?" This made no sense, at least not right now.

"No, the very first transitope mated and had direct decendents. Then so forth, up until Sarah. But before he ever mated, he took willing wolves and worked magic on them, turning them into his own race."