Wolf Trainer- Chapter 7

Chapter 7: Explanation

When I entered my house my mom called out, ''Honey, is that you?''

''Yes it is.'' I replied.

''Come here, I need to ask you something.'' She said. Her voice was coming from her room so I queitly walked into her room.

''Yes.'' I said waiting for what she wanted to say.

''Oh. Why have you been going back in the woods so much?'' She asked. My eyes widened but I blinked them back to normal. I didn't want her to see that I was going to make up an excuce by looking at my eyes.

''Well, I guess I am liking nature more. The woods just attract me. The breezes that blow by feel good, even in the winter.'' I explained... and lied. Just then I realized that the way I explained it seemed a little too needy for her belief.

''Is that so?'' She asked looking down at her freshly painted toenails. She always painted her toenails before her fingernails. And when she did, she always used a bright red polish, and then a clear coat.

''That is so.'' I said, trying to hide my worried voice. Was she really going to buy my story, or was she going to keep going with these questions?

''I don't belive you. I think I will go back in the woods for myself and see.'' She said. I stared at her.

Then an outburst came from my mouth, ''OK, I have imaginary friends! I am to shy to admit it. I love imaginary friends. They always do what I want to do.'' I said in a loud tone, trying to sound shy and confident, and definatly not worried. My mom bursted out laughing. ''That is why I didn't tell you!'' I said as I loudly walked off to my room, fakely being mad. Of course it really didn't bother me because I actually got away with the lie. I smiled in content as I sat down on the bed.

''I'm sorry honey, I believe you.'' She called out as I had just yawned.

''Oh well!'' I shouted back, sighing from sleepiness. My heart was pounding. I couldn't tell her the truth. She would go look for herself. And then, she would either call 911 when she saw Anjoo, kill him with a gun, or... or anything knowing my mom! I just couldn't tell her. I wouldn't take any risk of telling anyone. My thoughts raced of what my mom would do if she found out. ''But she won't find out.'' I shighed to myself. ''Never... no one will.''

I stood up and changed into my pajamas. I quickly brushed my hair, which had no nots, and fixed my covers and pillow. They were messed up from my struggle in my dream, and when I woke up I pushed them off the bed.

Even though I was tired, I stayed up an hour later. Then I slowly fell asleep. 

**********************************************************************

I awoke remembering no dreams -thankfully- at all. I went out and did my daily schedule. Eat my breakfast, brush my hair, brush my teeth, change, and checked the calender. '' September... ah! Sunday. That was what I was looking for.'' I said to myself.

I headed towards the door and yelled out, ''My friends are waiting for me, see you later!'' I yelled out remembering last night.

''You mean imaginary friends.'' My mom said laughing while eating her last peice of bacon.

''Ha ha.'' I said in a fake laugh. I quickly went out the door avoiding any more conversations with my mom. As I escaped into the woods, I saw Sarah laying down. ''Sarah! Where is the rest of the pack... and Anjoo?'' I yelled out. She didn't move. ''Sarah... Hey.'' Then a thought, ''What is going on!''

I grew closer and realized she was motionless, and on the ground.