twenty

So his father knows him? He has even met Taehyung years back....and who's Jennie?

"Ah, about that. Please follow me, they're in a private room right now. That's where both of them are meeting the pack leaders." Namjoon answered.

"Sure, lead the way." Junghyun said and both of them followed Namjoon's lead as they went upstairs, leaving the loud party noises behind and walked a long hallway until they arrived at the grand private room.

As the doors opened, the first person Jungkook saw there was the woman he saw earlier. The woman was none other than Taehyung's mom. She was wearing a beautiful grown and an expensive diamond necklace around her neck. The same Mrs. Kim who gave him her diner's card. It's just getting more and more weird. It looks like she didn't expect him to be here since he noticed the way her eyes widened when she saw him.

Beside her was Kim Taehyung, with the same look on his face. Yeah, they definitely didn't know.

The three of them walked inside the room, closing the doors behind. "Ahh- sixteen years, how have you been?" Junghyun questioned with a bright smile on his face, for some reason Jungkook thinks its fake, probably is. "We've been good." Taehyung's mom answered. "Jennie, I see you still look the same."

Oh- so she's Jennie, Jungkook thinks.

"Yes, can't say the same about you." Jennie replied with a small smile. At that, Junghyun let's out an embarrassingly loud fake laugh. "Still the same humor." He adds.

"And Taehyung, you've grown a lot since I last saw you. You look just like your dad." Junghyun said patting his shoulders.

But Jennie's attention shifts to Jungkook, looking at him with a small smile. "I didn't know you were his father." She says. "You know him?" Junghyun questions.

"Oh um- yes, Taehyung and Jungkook are classmates so I just happened to meet him one day."

"Oh, well I didn't know about that." Junghyun said. "What a coincidence! You two must be good friends then—"

"No." Jungkook simply said interrupting his father, gaining all four's attention. "No we're not." Jungkook added, avoiding to look at Taehyung.

"Hm, well now you both will, after all Kims and the Jeons have decades long family friendship." He said smiling. "Yes...friendship." Jennie said with an unreadable expression but then quickly gave a small smile. Maybe others didn't but Jungkook noticed that.

"Taehyung, why don't you and Jungkook get to know each other a little? I have to catch up on things with Jennie. Is that okay?" Junghyun suggested.

No it's not okay, it's obviously your tactic to benefit the company. I'm not dumb you dickhead, I want to get the hell out of this party— was something that Jungkook wanted to scream at his father's face. But obviously he didn't.

Taehyung just simply nodded and an awkward silence filled the room as both of their parents left and Namjoon left. Both of them didn't speak a word for a good five minutes until Taehyung finally exhaled a deep sigh and looked at Jungkook.

"Jungkook?" He called out Jungkook's name, making the younger finally look at him. "I know you must be confused since I'm here, I'm suddenly a heir and—"